Improved Water with the Shorelines Beta

I found out that if use the plugin “Part To Terrain” and convert parts to water. Shorelines Beta (actived), kinda ruines the terrain under it.

I didn’t tested without Shorelines but this is what it looks like underwater with Shorelines

Before:

:sparkles: After :sparkles: :

2 Likes

Try with fill tool, PTT is probably legacy ATM.

1 Like

I believe this is because the current version of the PTT plugin is completely Lua based, and it tries to re-implement the basic Terrain:Fill***() functions manually in Lua. Therefore we were not able to adjust it to handle the water occupancy correctly. It might be better if it was using the native functions like FillBlock() (for a block), etc.
I hope we can soon provide an API that would allow to fix this in a more natural way.

That was exactly what I was thinking, minus the Lua vs Native stuff.

1 Like

@SelDraken sorry I didn’t see you message earlier. You can tell whether it is enabled on a place by whether there’s a button to upgrade. If the button is there, it’s not upgraded yet. If the button is gone, it’s already upgrade. That is all of course, if you are in the beta. If you are not in the beta, then the button never shows up. Though the places that were already upgraded stay that way even if you disable the beta! (They can’t be reverted back anyway, so there…)

For the artifacts, I’d need to know more details. An attached rbxl would be best.

Is this feature fully released and isn’t in beta anymore? If yes then I think the topic name should be updated to let newer or old developers know that this feature is safe to use.

It is still in beta until the Voxel Channels API is fully released. Only then, and when we verify that all built-in tools are now compatible with the Shorelines - can we plan to move out of beta. We are as eager to do that as you are, believe me. :slight_smile: We just have to be careful not to break anyone’s places.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.