Improvements to Game Search Ranking

This Is A Great Feature So We Can Find The Games Were Looking For.

1 Like

Amazing update! I’ve seen this problem when searching for a game. Now I can find my game easier without having completely opposite games pop up. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello developers.
When providing feedback on search please make sure you include the link to your game along with the search query.

That will help us debug the problem and resolve your concern.

Thank you.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see when I search up “Summer” I don’t get “SUPER MEGA ULTRA EASY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY” or “OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY” lol

2 Likes

Hi! I have done all of these features, am I supposed to receive a message from an admin?

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry I did not include that information.
Here is the link to my game: Tower Battles [HALLOWEEN !!! 🎃] - Roblox
The search query works fine for my account, but certain accounts my game does not appear at all in the popular page, or in the search results at all. For example when trying to show my game to a friend, my game was nowhere to be found on roblox by them, and the only way they could find it was by going to my profile, and then creations tab.
Here is a separate post where i describe the issue more: Game does not show up in game's page or search?

2 Likes

Hello. I used to see my game Bomberz on the top of the page when searching it, but recently I tried to search it with the exact same title “Bomberz”, with no emojis or special characters, but what I end up seeing is hundreds of clones of the game Super Bomb Survival and games that doesn’t even mention the word bomb on neither the title nor the description, most of those games being titled (killer.Name… “the killer”).

YAAAS! I was always confused how the searching worked it was always just a couple of popular and random games😁

When searching for “Dragon Defense” in quotes my game does not come up at all, even after many pages. My game name is literally Dragon Defense and currently people have no way of getting their friends into the game outside of a direct link.

https://www.roblox.com/games/5501609009/Dragon-Defense

1 Like

Hello, I have still not received a response from an engineer on this, I had included all of the necessary information. A response would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

that’s a good start, but it’s still missing the search for the actual title, or per owner, i used to search up my name, and have all my places listed, this is no longer the case and i get obscure “minecraft”-likes

*generally, searching anything that involve my games “SuperSpleef” or “Ninja Worlds”, they just don’t exist on the search results…

Searching for Bomberz roblox on google gives your game as the #1 result. It is the same with my game “Dragon Defense roblox” on google gives my game as the first result. This means there is little “keyword” contention for our games yet Roblox is still not showing them when you search for our games.

I understand in my case if a user searches for ‘Dragon’ that my game at this stage should not be anywhere close to the top. But a direct hit on my game title should show my game near the top at the very least. Games should not be unsearchable if you know the name of the game.

2 Likes

Probably one of the biggest flaws in the current system is that it doesn’t search up by the name, it just takes the words in your search querry, like High, or Noon, and Royale High and Robloxian High School come up.

2 Likes

I wish they would revert the search to 2016. I remember in 2016, it would look like this: (High Noon Hijack didn’t exist yet. I had an embarrassing game that I wish to keep hidden for now. )

Edit: When I released my game in 2018, Jail City (My game) would come up first. Now this fake mad city game comes up 3rd

What comes up first? Jailbreak.
The real Jail City is no where to be found there.

Edit 2:
High Noon Hijack just got …
189…

1 Like

There appears to be an oversight with the search and popular games. I searched two games that had a special screen (Arsenal and Adopt Me) WITH AND WITHOUT punctuation marks.

I found that the searched games without punctuation would show a bigger screen to showcase that its the official version…

Adopt Me
But searched games that have a punctuation mark at the end don’t have a special screen to showcase its the official version. Important to note that Adopt Me’s title has a ! at the end of it.
Arsenal.

I know its a minor problem, but its sorta confusing, especially in Adopt Me!'s case.

1 Like

I also don’t get why Phantom Forces shows up when you search Arsenal. This search is wack!

1 Like

There are some strange quirks when it comes to new games.

I’ve created a new game called Gorilla in the last 5 days, and as of yet it does not show up in search. The testing place for it does.

It seems that the algorithm is slow, and it’s unfortunate that for the time being players can not find the game without a link.

Aside from that, there are weird behaviors with the rankings. There is no general trend to the rankings of games when you search Simulator, and I wish there was more information on what brings games towards the top.

EDIT: My game “Gorilla” still does not show up on search.

4 Likes

There’s a pending update that should fix your issue. Also, a suggestion is to avoid adding extraneous spaces and special characters, as it’ll make it hard for players to remember or type.

4 Likes

I really love the idea and improvements to Roblox’s Searches. This improves other games to pop up in the search bar and get a better player base!

Thank you so much! Is there a time-frame for when this will be fixed?

Edit: Oddly enough, my group now shows up on search, but the game does not. Was group search updated? Or was search updated in general, and the game is still broken?