Improvements to Publishing and Selling in Marketplace

Also I believe the creator who made the assets like bodies/accessories should have full control over their own pricing. The dynamic pricing system has ruined most of my groups losing over 50-60% of my revenue from all sources before Dynamic pricing was introduced. You said it was to help us yet it has actually done the opposite. If you want to take feedback you should give us the ability again to control our own prices and not force us to constantly changing minimum prices.

It’s like if you introduced dynamic gamepass prices for experiences. It just sounds like complete nonsense. I know this has to be more of a thing you did for your stockholders but it really has hurt lots of creators.

3 Likes

Good. Now,

Please. Change. The. UGC. Fees. I. Beg.

2 Likes

these avatars are not fine , everyone know that is how a real female body look , but this should not being published on the roblox marketplace because players being using these avatars in an inappropriate way these avatars made chaos on the platform and should be removed very soon

1 Like

trust me this is not an improvement but rather a deterioration

2 Likes

We’ve asked questions, please answer them. Some of these changes are slated to go live in a few days based off of the announcement.

2 Likes

The UGC marketplace right now looks like the free models toolbox. Complete chaos!

You might as well allow users to insert nasty scripts into these items so players can blow up when playing games.

6 Likes

delete the last part because they may see it as a great idea :skull::skull:

1 Like

Will we ever see the return of the “Recently Updated” sort? While I understand the purpose of switching to “Recently Created” (soon to be “Recently Published”), I wish we still had the option to sort by recently updated as it gave creators the opportunity to advertise their creations essentially for free.

4 Likes

You gotta be kidding me… :uhh:

Okay, well encouraging questions in an update announcement and then not responding to them is beyond me, so let me reiterate this:

@BrightYellowElephant Can you maybe provide some clarity here since you work in this area?

1 Like

Question, will this change to ‘Recently Published’ hide newly uploaded items that are still offsale from view?

3 Likes

I have this exact same concern. Just feels like it’ll allow people blatantly steal other’s IP to better hide their stealing, doesn’t help with the fact that they’re hinting at removing the offsale sort without directly saying it (Roblox being purposefully vague of course to avoid the backlash they know they would receive as usual). Also, I can vividly remember back when recently updated was still a sort category that a handful of creators constantly updated their items descriptions with a single space nearly every hour to stay at the top of the sort and it completely ruined the sort for months with Roblox doing absolutely nothing to stop it until they just removed the category completely in exchange for recently created.

I’m honestly quite surprised this thread doesn’t have more attention/replies.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! The need for seeing recently created off-sale items makes sense. Those items will still be viewable in the Recently Published sort if the “Show” unavailable items option is checked.

4 Likes

Correct - this will only be using the initial first publish.

1 Like

This is a little confusing. So basically, an item is considered ‘published’ when it’s first uploaded, and appears in the sort then, but will also be re-added to the sort when it’s put on-sale?

Essentially, the sort will function the same, but items will be bumped back up to it when they’re put on-sale?

Also, do you have a date for when these changes are scheduled to go live? This is quite a major API change and I’m under the impression you guys don’t really realize how many developers rely on the current behavior; it deserves it’s own announcement, in my opinion.

Thanks anyway for your long-awaited response :slightly_smiling_face:

CC’ing everyone who asked about this:
@CarlosGabriel2602 @idelww @Seebass404 @Oppressed_II @karlos_800 @Daudosu

3 Likes

Hi Seebass4, we understand your concern here and there is no way we will allow users to abuse the recently published sorts that way. The recently published date is the time you first put that item on sale, it does not change no matter how many times you take it offsale and onsale. Otherwise, why would we bother changing from Recently Updated to Recently Created?

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarity here, but can you also respond to this?

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I’m very thankful for still allowing us to see recently uploaded offsale items, as it will be easier to track down copied ip

3 Likes

Hi roman, the way i understand it, (and MisterPebbles please feel free to correct me if i am wrong), the Recently Published sort now will take the time the item was first put on sale on the marketplace, if it never was put on sale, it will take the time the asset was first uploaded. In other words, newly created items that are offsale will still show up on the sort (if you select show unavailable items), it will be bumped to the top of the sort again the very first time the user puts it on sale but never again if they subsequently put it off sale and on sale again. This should not break your existing workflow of looking for recently uploaded items.

2 Likes

Thank you for this clarification. When should we see this change going into effect?

1 Like