Improving Trust & Safety in the Creator Marketplace

Yeah, sorting was a critical feature. It’s almost needed, now that we don’t have it… :confused:

7 Likes

As I always have said when Roblox implements these type of features, do not use a shield icon!!! It gives the false sense of trust (and yes, you can’t trust someone just because they are ID verified) and gives the Roblox company a bad name if a bad actor age verified and did some nasty things, as to the outsider it seems as if someone Roblox endorsed just did some nasty things.

Also, by adding this feature you are lowering the uses of free models of those who haven’t shown their ID to the company? If your mission is to ‘buuild the metaverse’ this doesn’t seem like the right direction to go.

On top of this, I feel like this could be used to find out those who haven’t age verified (and possibly discriminate against them), I personally feel that my age verification status should not be shown publicly since being age verified doesn’t make you any more trustworthy anyway!

Could you also add the script disabling feature to the pop-up that says you imported a free model with a script in it, since to the new developer, they’ll likely never find the script disabling feature.

9 Likes

Completely agree, they should atleast add a disclaimer that says it doesn’t mean the models are completely safe.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t that encourage the small developers to create their own models?

Lol I couldn’t agree more. They should just stick with a regular check mark like Twitter does.

1 Like

It reduces the chances of users who are not verified from sharing their models, since they know the likely-hood of someone taking their model is basically none.

3 Likes

That is a good point. But then how could we improve the system without discouraging the use of sharing and using free models?

1 Like

They do more things like scanning model’s code, giving a warning if there is a script involved (which they are now doing) and maybe implementing a real verification system in where you know the models are safe. This verification system does more harm than good since what is stopping me from just verifying my ID, and creating a harmful model.

3 Likes

Should we make different qualifications for verifying yourself as trustworthy instead of Age Verification!

If so, what qualifications?

1 Like

Apologies if this is a silly question, is it possible to detect and warn when a script contains commonly malicious code?

1 Like

It could check the script.Source and see if there’s require() functions. Or :Teleport() functions.

2 Likes

This update is awesome, a great addition to Roblox security. I’m glad that smaller developers can now use free models without any risk. I was just a little confused as to why the marketplace filters were removed.

4 Likes

When you use a free model with scripts or a plugin with script, look for the following things in the scripts that are more than likely to be backdoor viruses:
getfenv require() string.reverse,

3 Likes

That sounds perfect, as a scripter, I’d be comfortable knowing what the script contained without reading each line.

2 Likes

String.reverse? Is this a new backdoor method?

1 Like

Maybe something involving a loadstring function?

3 Likes

It would be better of to leave this to the admins if they decide to do this.

3 Likes

Its a way of making the backdoor script code not look too obvious (for load string method) that its a backdoor script at all.

2 Likes

Excellent update! One of the best and most important updates to be made at ROBLOX STUDIO, Thank you for those features.

1 Like

im glad to see this is great or this could be helped other dev’s and other safely in creator marketplace and totally helped keeps reply for long time for knowledge in order for giving other game access that totally working on this update to reduce spamming

and also improving trust about creator has verified their age ID verifcation and just found a badge checkmark their toolbox for username eventually did asset has changed for update review to promote their script to their rather place to need for knowledge other dev’s or games in studio for working updates.

Thank you for supporting to trust and safely for creator or other game for news about in 2022, keep it up and good working or good luck.

1 Like

When you drag something from the toolbox, and into the viewport, this prompt does not appear.

2 Likes