Improving Trust & Safety in the Creator Marketplace

Finally! Excited for this. Even if I don’t really use free models often, this should be good for my friends who might try making games on Roblox!

3 Likes

YES YES YES YES
idk what you drink to finely push a nice update (rip health GUI LOL) but drink it again lmfao

As a part of that could they be an option to know if a module is required (module not in the game) and maybe a way to disable turn them off like we can do whit loadstring.
Screenshot_1
I did notice the studio showing me when some modules are required (not in-game modules) but not all of them are warned about.

So you telling me that if we don’t give you “id”, the model we make will just be put at the bottom of the list?

1 Like

An update so small that’s going to make a huge difference. Thank you so much, Roblox!

3 Likes

this is pretty cool and a change long overdue, im less “hyped” about that popup since im not a huge fan of popups, but being able to disable scripts is a good change.

im still not giving you my ID tho, no way in hell

7 Likes

can you also make it so it can check the codes to see if it used words like require("") or fire("
“) or clone(”") etc?

1 Like

ID to what? im not understanding

1 Like

Does the “disable scripts” actually disables the scripts or deletes them?

Looking forward to more improvements like this in the future.

His government-issued ID. You need it to get the verified icon on your username when it appears in the toolbox.

1 Like

These are some very little but immensely helpful changes, especially to newer developers who might be more susceptible to having their games riddled with malicious scripts.

1 Like

I had stepped away from using the Toolbox many years ago, but there are times that I look at models there for inspiration. When I do so, I always have to scan the entire model to see if it includes any scripts that might be malicious. This update is wonderful for what it is, especially for the smaller and younger developers of the community who are just learning about Roblox Studio.

My only complain about the Toolbox was the searching results. Back in the day (I didn’t see it recently), you could pick between Relevant, Most Liked, Most Taken, and some other options when searching. Everything but the Relevant category was broken. Whenever you’d choose Most Liked or Most Taken, it would always give you the same top models that you saw when you opened the Toolbox itself. Since you are working on the search itself, I personally would love to see those options again, but with relevant results (so it would always give you the most relevant, but you could sort those results by Most Liked, Most Taken, Recently Created, etc).

Either way, great job to the staff team who did this. I am sure that many developers out there are thanking for it as well.

1 Like

Perhaps taking DevForum membership and activity plus [not just] clean moderation history into account?

1 Like

I agree. It should also have an option to view the scripts.

But how are groups supposed to get verified?

1 Like

I still remember my early days using Roblox. I’d import models with “anti-Lag” scripts. I noticed the more of them I inserted, the more lag there was. I got so confused… ah, childhood.

Good work on clamping down on malicious scripts!

1 Like

This is a really good point.

Speaking of verifications, Roblox should definitely add a verification system for groups, users, and games in my opinion.

Ahh yes, the classic anti lag scripts that just spammed your game with intvalues called “INFECTED LOL” or something along those lines. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not exactly happy that this is yet another reason to get ID verified.

As a developer, I am not ready to trust Roblox with sensitive information such as ID, there needs to be a manual verification system as well. I would be more comfortable if I could verify with my debit card somehow.

Also, verifying via ID doesn’t necessary mean that a developer is trustworthy.

I am fed up of Roblox, as a corporation, using ID to verify users of stuff.

Thank you :clap:

6 Likes

Agreed. All you need is government-issued ID, A Roblox account, and the internet.

How does that make anyone trustworthy?

2 Likes

Will this badge appear when viewing the asset directly on the Roblox website, too?

When I look for models in the creator marketplace, I tend to do so from the website and not through the toolbox, meaning that I would have to search for the asset in Roblox Studio in order to confirm if the creator is ID Verified or not.

Is there a possibility that this could apply for models published to groups at some point in the future (where the asset is owned by the group and not an individual user) or would that be more likely to roll out if there was a “Verified Groups” feature?

The reason I ask this is because I create tutorials for Roblox Studio and I publish the assets from those videos to a group for any developer to use and examine.

Why I publish open-sourced assets to a group instead of my profile:

• By publishing these assets to my community group, it makes it easier for others to find information that is relevant to my tutorials and community (particularly because the group’s description immediately addresses where users should look in order to find important information).

• If I were to publish these assets directly to my profile, it might provide a less intuitive experience for this use case just to have a verified checkmark next to my username which might not even appear on the website*, the place where most users will be viewing the assets I’ve published. (*Whether or not the check mark will be shown on the web page of the asset in the future is something I don’t know yet since at the time of making my post, the original post on this topic only addressed that it would appear in the Toolbox. If we receive clarification for this then I might update this post for clarity.)

I understand that it might be tricky to implement since it’s possible for multiple users to publish their own assets and update any models for the same group (at least with sufficient permissions for that user’s role as far as I’m aware), however, since assets already display which user has updated the model, maybe that could be considered when displaying if a group asset has been created/maintained by an ID Verified user:

Reference

2 Likes