In Client web links

This thought randomly came into my mind a few minutes ago and I had to post it before I forget.

In game web links!
This would be a really cool way to promote your twitter, twitch or other websites by allowed by ROBLOX if a player could simply click a button that opens a new tab/window of the specified page.

It could be an option in the Properties menu for:
Image Buttons
Text Buttons
Click Detectors

Or even set it as an event or function.

The only problem I see with this would be spamming a command that opens up thousands of tabs or windows on the player’s computer. However, I bet it could have a limit on how many requests are sent out of the ROBLOX client to open a tab or window.

Thoughts?

It would be better if it was a link to one of your shared social media tabs (you know, the ones you edit in your Settings and it shows on your profile). The method for opening pages that they would give us would have to be a bind to button function, where it would have to be connected to a button in order to be opened.

ROBLOX has a method for opening pages in another window, inside of the client- you can see this in action when you don’t have enough ROBUX to buy a product and the buy robux page comes up.

just make http links in textboxes follow-able

[quote] It would be better if it was a link to one of your shared social media tabs (you know, the ones you edit in your Settings and it shows on your profile). The method for opening pages that they would give us would have to be a bind to button function, where it would have to be connected to a button in order to be opened.

ROBLOX has a method for opening pages in another window, inside of the client- you can see this in action when you don’t have enough ROBUX to buy a product and the buy robux page comes up. [/quote]

This proves that ROBLOX is capable of doing so and already has it “coded” in. It would be a very fun experience of users could have the ability to direct someone to their Youtube, twich, Roblox page etc…