In-game Chat: /me

Glad the staff finally came to realise how this is misused. Keep in mind, there are many people misusing this and claiming they are ROBLOX Admins. While most people who are pretty experienced in the community would not easily be tricked, there are also people who really have no idea how to really analyse someone’s profile and determine if they are lying or not. I completely hate people trying to even trick me claiming they are an admin and can threaten people by claiming they will get them banned and start harassing the players pretending they are an admin and “mighty/superior”. I hope ROBLOX staff come into this and start taking this more seriously. People doing this and threatening people this way is seriously causing so much problems and it clearly works. Please consider being a lot more strict and actually terminate accounts claiming to be admins as saying on the Administrator badge.

6 Likes

Now bots can just say it normally, like ‘[Insert name here]: I got TONS of Robux. Visit [scamWebsite] today to claim your free robux.’

4 Likes

While the common issue being people want to pretend to be an admin as to feel “superior” and mislead others for the sake of feeling they are the best. There is a rule still remaining on the description of the Administrator badge. I do understand this is extreme but I feel it is justified to terminate accounts without warning for even attempting to mislead someone in that regard. Very well deserved and they should never have done a stupid and outrageously immature action. There is no point having them state they will terminate accounts impodtering if they never do so. This is a bigger problem than it sounds and I really encourage staff to take this as serious as possible.

6 Likes

People have created assets to block bots from doing things like that.

3 Likes

This is a good change I never seen it being used or really know what it’s for.

Glad more steps are being taken to keep younger players especially safe, they tend not to know better.

2 Likes

As using this feature as to having fun joking around with your friends in private servers who didn’t know this was a feature was fun.
In general this is still a unknown feature, but it serves a point in role play games such as displaying the action your currently doing.
Still good to know this is default now and non role playing games don’t have the abuse of people sending unincorporated messages that wasn’t part of the game or at least try to fool someone as it was a incorporated message. :heart:

2 Likes

Sounds a great idea to me. I mean, it bothers me when see some players who misuse the commands to act like they’re “moderators” or “admins”, etc.

1 Like

In all honesty this feature was a bit useless and only used for these scams nowadays. Glas it got removed.

4 Likes

This feature sounds like a great idea to me. There aren’t many advantages with this other than preventing a chat command, (useful for horror games), and preventing some sorts of scam-bot messages. One primary disadvantage is, Admin Commands not functioning with the “hidden message” aspect. Also, scam-bot messages might still get through through the normal chat in games. There are still these flaws that should be in mind throughout the developmental phases in games.

2 Likes

Hopefully, less people get scammed from now and on. I think the “/me” command was a bad idea in the first place, I’ve never seen it being used for any other purpose than “/me is an admin”, causing players to be fooled by other players and the cycle goes on.

2 Likes

People used it for roleplay and a few devs used it for admin commands so in some games this feature was a needed feature.

4 Likes

But really how much robux did he really get?

1 Like

It was a unneeded feature, bad things where waiting to evolve.

1 Like

They never specify numbers, they just say lots of.

I enabled it on my game, to test it out once more time, I can see how this is affecting the roblox community.

Likely if it’s gonna be in the ClientChatModules (I haven’t looked yet) I can imagine you can do some customizing to the /me command. So, this might be better for the folks who want this feature rather than a toggle, not to mention to code another toggle for such a minority of games that use this feature is kinda overkill.

1 Like

A good decision and happy to see that those developer who still wish to have it enabled can do so.

I don’t think its necessarily the /me command, but rather the filter on the site itself. It should block .gg and any word with a period followed by words. Although the fake admin messages by real users are really annoying, and it was rarely used, so I’m in support of this change.

Or you could just force a recolor and/or add a message to the end saying it’s a user generated message. There’s multiple ways you can make it different from a system message. Here’s another option, add ‘[USER]’ to the prefix of the message, and add [SERVER] to the prefix of the server messages. Also, filter the use of [SERVER] in /me commands.

1 Like

There might be issues.

Not everything with two or one dot is a link. It could be a code for example. Maybe command?

Making blacklist for links would just encourage making more sites.

1 Like