In-Game Emotes Menu

In extension to this:

The emote icon doesn’t show up not when just forking the Animate script, but when just replacing it with a ModuleScript (and yes, the ModuleScript is being required). Would this be considered a bug? Or is replacing default scripts with ModuleScripts unsupported?

1 Like

Are you only using the SetEquippedEmotes() API and not the SetEmotes() API?

Can you provide a code sample for this?

Looks like I actually got it work now, needed to set both of those on the initial application when using ApplyDescription otherwise it seems to disable outright.

getting user outfits and applying to a rig
local function GetUserOutfits(player)
	local success, result = pcall(function() return HttpService:GetAsync("https://avatar.rprxy.xyz/v1/users/"..tostring(player.UserId).."/outfits") or nil, true end) -- recommend using your own proxy
	if success and result then
		local outfitList = HttpService:JSONDecode(result)
		local Humanoid = player.Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
		local userEmotes = Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:GetEmotes()
		local descEmotes = Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:GetEquippedEmotes()
		if outfitList.data and outfitList.total then
			for _, outfit in pairs(outfitList.data) do -- current limit is 50
				local newRig = ServerStorage.Outfits.R15:Clone() -- dummy rig if you want to have a display preview of the outfit
				newRig.Parent = player.Outfits
				local success, result = pcall(function()
					return Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId(outfit.id)
				end)
				if success and result then
					newRig.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(result)
					newRig.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:SetEmotes(userEmotes)
					newRig.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:SetEquippedEmotes(descEmotes)
					newRig.Name = outfit.name
					-- after that you just fetch the newRig in some other function if you want to apply to player, something like:
					-- Humanoid:ApplyDescription(newRig.Humanoid:GetAppliedDescription())
				end
				wait() -- delay to load outfits on rig
			end
		end
	end
end
1 Like

I think it would have been better if you implemented it in like the /e wave or /e cheer commands.

I think in the near future R15 is going to be the requirement.
R6 is already phased out and i dont see too many games with it.

1 Like

You can still use the /emote or /e command if that’s what you prefer.
The emote wheel is just an extension of this!

E.g. Emote Wheel -> Hello and /e hello do the same thing.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for telling me this. I didn’t know about this feature!

1 Like

Can we have a hot-key to open emotes soon? I need a quick way to do my T after winning fights.

They removed the key-bind after feedback, though I believe it would’ve been better if it were made optional instead.

3 Likes

Is it possible to add your custom emotes that you have made by yourself into the Emote Menu?

1 Like

You can read the original post for details of how to add your own emotes to your game.

If you’re referring to UGC Emotes, that’s not a thing- but likely will be in the future. As stated at RDC:

We want to reach the point where we’re making nothing, and everything’s made by the community.

2 Likes

@TheGamer101

Hi, where can I found Code that controls Emote Wheel?

Is there anyway I can disable this on games or add it?

Yes. The answer to your question can be found in the Original Post. I suggest reading the OP as-well as searching a topic before asking a question.

Thanks for answering my question. I’m extremely tired but now I figured how to disable it with your help. Have an amazing day!

My experience with emotes so far is that they are a bit annoying to use. I would like it if users would be able to set a shortcut for the emotes button, as I don’t like having to move my mouse all the way to the top whenever I want to use an emote.

I would also make it so that they are looped. Whenever I want to tpose on someone, I have to keep reactivating the tpose emote after the arms go down. It would be nice for it to loop until the player moves or uses another emote.

3 Likes

Any plans to make the UI button fit in more with the Roblox Topbar HUD? It doesn’t make sense for it to be filled in, instead of outlined.

Also I would appreciate a way to hold more Emotes, but of course I understand why it’s limited.

I do think it would be nice to have an optional keybind to set that when you hold a key it will open the menu. Maybe it could be changed/toggled in the Roblox Menu

5 Likes

For R6 games where the emotes menu is disabled, why does GetCoreGuiEnabled return true?

This makes positioning icons in the topbar impossible to do correctly without checking for factors we shouldn’t have to involve, such as the player’s rig being R6.

5 Likes

GetCoreGuiEnabled returns whether the developer has disabled the Emotes Menu or not, it is not intended to be used for querying whether we are showing the icon in the top bar or whether the Emotes Menu is currently active.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.