In-Game Emotes Menu

Why everything must be Paid? Like why this can’t be like for free. I even think this update is useless

4 Likes

The free emotes will probably be the /emote animations we already have. I’m assuming this because the only rthro animation pack that is free is the default one.

Although they will probably add a few more free emotes if they want players to start using them, like they did with rthro packages.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t see the point since a good chunk of games already have a built in emote system… I wouldn’t see why I would want to pay to have my character do a little dance.

I would agree. I think there should be more to this. Though, this is kinda dead end, if I am being honest. Either this ruins the possibility for a user to make money off people buying emotes on their game which effect the developer and the fact that not all games support emotes, perhaps a waste of money on that end from the players.

I mean, people do like to buy stuff for status even if they can’t use it. While people do buy gears for status and not the full intention to just use it, emotes are way more useless as they don’t show much, just an emote, nothing more.

4 Likes

It is still possible to make revenue from this because you can easily see if the person is currently running an animation in the editor and check if they own a gamepass and if they don’t then run a regular walking animation and prompt them to purchase the gamepass.

1 Like

I have a solution to all of these issues roblox,

For developers who are rarely active, just make this new emote menu a setting. Simple!

NOT a required settings, a webpage setting.

This is to make sure inactive game developers can continue to be inactive without having to update there loved games.

That works but it wouldn’t personally make me want to purchase it. Every user is different at the end of the day though, so it may work. :sweat_smile:

This doesn’t fix the problem because inactive developers aren’t going to come back to flip a switch.

Solutions that you think are obvious and go “why didn’t they think of this sooner?” have likely already been thought of and has a reason against it’s implementation.

1 Like

That sounds overly complicated and wouldn’t work. As stared in the original post, there’s a way to disable Roblox’s emotes.

Purchase can also refer to non-paid items like Models. There hasn’t actually been any conformation that it will be paid.

The original emotes were free, so why shouldn’t these?

Regardless, gears— they’re disabled by default and people still buy them.

It would start off as disabled, I didn’t state that but I meant that.

1 Like

This has been addressed in above posts. At this point comparing it to Fortnite is spammy, repetitive and unnecessary.

9 Likes

In addition to people thinking Fortnite emotes being added. God no, that will never happen. It is kinda trash to even assume at this point. I mean, fine, they can say there are some similarities, but thinking Fortnite emotes are being added is definitely not going to happen and only sounds like an obnoxious joke.

2 Likes

I’m not willing to say that hard work is trash nor would that be productive or ethical in any sense.

However, this looks alarmingly inspired by Fortnite. The general idea can be implemented with a few lines of code and an animation background. Nevertheless, seen as it’s a lost cause to deter implementation of this(I will promptly disable… I have my own custom implementation), consider making this fit the Roblox theme.

Commands take time to type and I can see why you’d be against it. That’s fair. Consider a more basic approach. Perhaps, as an alternative to design, you could allow developers to create their own emotes w/o the option of being paid. Expression of oneself should be one of the stepping stones to building a game. If you discount that, you’re discounting imagination.

3 Likes

I was just joking… Roblox will never wants to copy Fortnite Dances, it will be not original… This is just a new way to communicate with others like the old : /wave ect… And I think that’s cool.

This is a great way to make emotes more intuitive and easier for younger kids to know how to use them, it took me a while to even learn about emotes and I still don’t know all of them today.

3 Likes

Emotes is now officially released!

Thanks for all your feedback in the last number of weeks since we announced this feature.

We will be keeping an eye on this thread and the rest of the developer forum for further feedback or bug reports.

11 Likes

Is the emotes icon supposed to still appear in the top bar when emotes are disabled? I noticed in Bloxburg that emotes are disabled in-game, but the emotes icon still appears in the top bar.

1 Like

Can you provide a bit more information or a screenshot of what this looks like? I just had a look in Bloxburg and Emotes appears to be working as intended.

If Emotes are disabled with the APIs then the Emotes icon will not show and the UI will be disabled, if Emotes are disabled by a developer in another way like overwriting your Emotes using the HumanoidDescription API then the icon may show but you won’t be able to use your Emotes.

1 Like

Is this intended for the icon to display even when it says “Emotes are disabled in this game.”? It doesn’t seem like the icon should be displaying if it will say it is disabled when you open the emotes.

15 Likes