In-Game References to Music Platforms

Sorry if this is not the correct category. I am trying to understand Roblox’s rules on in-game offsite references better. I am working on getting licensed music for my game. I’d like to include a reference in my game that indicates you can find this artist’s music on Spotify or other major music platforms. There would be no links, just a text reference. Does this comply with Roblox ToS?

All I can find is this post which states:

It’s fine to guide players to the Social Links section of your game page, but don’t provide specific information on how to access them, e.g. the website URL.

And this part of the ToS which makes it seem like references like these are not allowed, but I want to confirm:

Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox with the following exceptions: YouTube, Twitter, Twitch. Users under the age of 13 are not permitted to share YouTube, Twitter, Twitch links for their privacy and safety. Permitted offsite links, content, or references must contain Roblox appropriate content or your account will be moderated up to immediate termination. Using partial links, filter-breaking, using permitted website links to indirectly link to non-permitted sites, content, or services, describing or otherwise encouraging users to go to unpermitted offsite links, content, or services is also not allowed.

1 Like

This should be fine, but if you want to be on the safe side don’t mention a specific platform like Spotify. Just direct them to “your favorite music software” or something like that.

2 Likes