Social Media Links

Hey Developers,

Many of you have expressed a desire to link to your Discord channel or YouTube community directly from your game so you can grow your audience. We are now offering official support for this through the Social Media Links feature!

To add social media links to your game, visit the Configure Game page and switch to the Social Media section. From there, you can add up to three links to social media sites:

You can have up to one link per social media channel. Players will see these links on the game details page.

You can include the word “Discord” in your game links but we are still limiting the use of it elsewhere on the site. Note that social links are only available to 13+ players for compliance reasons.

FAQ

Q: Can I talk about these sites from my game description or within the game?
A: It’s fine to guide players to the Social Links section of your game page, but don’t provide specific information on how to access them, e.g. the website URL.

Q: Why can’t I use underscores in my links?
A: This is a bug and we will fix it.

Huge thanks to @hahamonkey5 and @thenextguy32 for making this happen. Let us know what you think below!

208 Likes

Whats the reasoning behind us not being able to have multiple of the same website? I work as a pair and would like to link both of our Twitter profiles on our game page. I tried making a Twitter list with both of us and linking that, but it wouldn’t let me.

73 Likes

Same thing for me! We have two discord channels, one for trading and one for the general community. Not super necessary but it would fill the third slot.

10 Likes

I have this problem as well-- having multiple per link would be helpful

5 Likes

We will consider expanding this to support multiple links of the same type. We wanted to make sure it was worth the effort.

40 Likes

This is fantastic! Thank you for adding this. :smiley:

4 Likes

discord back
give it a few hours before every game has a discord slapped on it

16 Likes

Discord Invites support?? Am I dreaming? :heart_eyes:

Edit: Would be awesome if we had this feature for Groups too.

45 Likes

Yay! Thank you!

It would be really neat to be able to link developer(s) social media to the game page too, not just one for say your studio or just game.

1 Like

The time has come at last! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Appears not.

5 Likes

See above ^

Definitely, it is very rare for a game with only one developer to release now-days relative to the amount of games put out by multiple developers who would all appreciate having their social media linked to it

11 Likes

I second this! Another big thanks to the team for rolling out this much-needed feature!

2 Likes

@Seranok Are social media links also viewable on the xbox?

No, and we currently have no plans to do this.

3 Likes

What help would that do? Not like there is a browser for you to go to social media on, or discord either…

3 Likes

Being worked on

4 Likes

Awesome update!

Few thing’s I would like to see change in the future:

1. Allow duplicate websites. For example, within my Studio I would like to link 3 twitter accounts. Mine, my partner’s and my studios. Currently we can only link 1.

2. Statistics on how many users click the links.

3. Custom links. I don’t want to be limited to just those sites. It would be awesome to be able to link my own website.

4. Expansion to groups. A social media tab in the groups page would be amazing.

18 Likes