In response to Developer’s Feedback on Developer Exchange

This will most likely be the case, it’s been stated before that they do the old robux vs new robux system to discourage hoarding robux before an expected payout increase.
Edit: To clarify, I think current robux will not be able to be exchanged at a higher value

1 Like

I understand when it used to be “Roblox is giving us more money, yay!” However they increased the cost of robux, this is basically just adjusting to match what it was before, it shouldn’t be seen as a rate increase.

4 Likes

Noooooo D:

I just submitted my Dev-Ex D:

1 Like

While i appreciate the data, and comparisons. One thing devs need to take into account is the cost of other games that don’t pay for themselves (games without monetization for example), free team create, free website usage, etc. I don’t think they’re accounted for in the OP.

8 Likes

When making this decision, I think it is important to not only think about the direct impacts, but also the indirect ones. This would raise game quality because developers would have more of a “budget” to work with to hire more team members or just focus more on quality.

1 Like

When the DevEx rates increased previously, Robux earned before a certain date were exchanged at the previous rate, I can only imagine this would happen again.

6 Likes

Why invest more into the game to make more money when you can invest less and make the same returns? In order to truly incentivize quality you can’t just give more money for what people are already doing.

2 Likes

That’s probably already included in:

9 Likes

Some developers may keep the same habits, but it makes it easier to create quality games if you want to invest that. Having a higher quality game will definitely encourage more to play, even if it doesn’t completely determine the popularity.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope a solution is found soon

Im fairly certain this would be the case (if the solution is raising exchange rates, there may be a totally different solution coming). Last raise, robux earned prior to the increase was still exchanged at the old value.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. Increasing devex serves multiple purposes:

• Prevents developers from abandoning the platform
  • Gives dev teams more money and thus their ability to hire more developers and outside contractors
  • Attracts new developers to join the platform and create games
  • And so much more.

The increased devex indirectly leads to more quality because it stimulates competition and motivates developers.

3 Likes

Yeah, the transfer (or firing?) of the VP doesn’t necessarily mean anything good for anybody here. (or bad)

I do wonder why this happened, Hopefully it’s not because of her attempt at more transparency. . . Even though it’s far from perfect, I’m sure we all appreciate this response.

She just moved to a different company, nothing sinister.

1 Like

I’m glad that the it IS in the plan to increase the portion towards developers, But we really need some more fair treatment in a lot of ways.
I mentioned a lot of the fees and the outright Marketplace tax as a problem and important part of the picture regarding DevEx in my forum post (you can see it above), so I hope that the entire system actually gets revamped. (Even if it’s slowly but surely)

1 Like

16 posts were merged out for being Off-Topic

Please do not hijack the announcement to rant about your own DevEx eligibility. This is abusive posting behavior.

I cannot speak particularly to your post as I haven’t seen it, but @C_Sharper’s post was not taken down. It was automatically ignored as people in the community have flagged it since it is a rant full of false accusations against the platform and company. This thread is a topic meant to discuss the developer exchange rates, not rant about marketplace fees and customer support.

Developer exchanges are only rejected when you fail to meet the requirements. I cannot speak on why @C_Sharper was declined, but this is most certainly not the place to bring it up.

This is just a factor of life. You can put years of work into something, but that doesn’t automatically mean it will or even should be successful. Roblox provides free development tools, one-click publishing, severs, etc to make game development as easy as possible. The company does not ask for anything in return, so any work you do to benefit just the platform and the company, such as making free plugins, is at your own expense.

tldr: DevEx is a privilege, not a right.

DevEx
1. Participating in DevEx., in our sole discretion, may allow eligible users of the Service to participate in the DevEx. Users participating in the DevEx may redeem Robux for U.S. currency from us based upon an exchange ratio and other requirements, procedures, and limitations established by us in our sole discretion from time to time.

2. Reservation of Rights. , in our sole discretion, have the absolute right to manage, modify, suspend, revoke, and terminate the DevEx without notice, refund, compensation, or liability to you, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you do anything related to the Service that is against the law or otherwise not in line with these Terms or any of our policies, we reserve the right to deny, suspend or terminate your access to the DevEx (whether or not you have a transaction in process).

5 Likes

This is not the proper topic for finding out why your developer exchange request was rejected. The topic was posted to specifically discuss the developer exchange rates, not the support team and the rejection of developer exchanges.

If your Dev Ex was rejected, it could be that the Robux you earned was not acquired through eligible means. This could mean a number of things. Maybe someone purchased the Robux and then bought their own group asset in order to transfer said funds to a group before giving you a payout. Or the Robux was simply bought.

From my understanding only Robux that you earn from players contributing to a game by making in-game purchases with Robux count towards DevEx. Accepting commissions in Robux is truly not the way to go IMO unless you’re trying to spend it on the platform or other games.

1 Like