Incident Report: Large Spike in Teleport Failures: "Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted"

Issue has been escalated to engineering team, we are actively talking with them about the latest reports. If you experienced this issue please let us know, we have created a group message between engineers and the developers still experiencing the teleport issues.

We take these reports very seriously and do our best to document the root cause and figure out next steps to help prevent the issue from occurring in the future.

We appreciate your feedback, we can discuss it more through direct messages if you would like to. DevRel team focuses on developer communications which helps the engineers focus on primarily resolving the issue. As for the latest issues, the impacted developers were notified with steps we took to resolve it. If there are any areas of improvements we could work on the communication side please let us know, we always take our community feedback seriously. There is always room for improvement.

5 Likes

I am still getting these errors:

This issue remains unresolved

5 Likes

60+ teleport errors just today

3 Likes

I am getting these errors too:

hell

We are currently working on this. We hope to have a fix for this soon.

7 Likes

Is this possibly related?

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Getting same issue, just added a new place to my main game, in “game explorer”

The main game is supposed to teleport to it, but it gets the same errors as you guys.

The game is part of the same game, so no reason why it should be doing this.

1 Like

This issue is still ongoing, hitting particularly us hard this weekend @Nightgaladeld

2 Likes

We shipped a change today which we think should fix the issue of large number of teleports being blocked. We will be monitoring continuously and make additional changes if required.

Teleports within the same universe or teleports to root place (starter place) of other universes will not be blocked.

6 Likes

This issue is still happening to some people for my game, as I am using a reserved server, and (TeleportToPrivateServer.) What seems to be happening is that most of my players get teleported correctly to the reserved server, but some players receive this error still as of now. All the place id’s seem to be correctly place as most of my players get teleported properly, but some players receive an error such as “Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted.” Although everything is correctly lined up, it seems to be teleporting some players to a rather strange place id as shown in the screenshot:

1 Like

Any updates on this? It is still occurring and disabling my teleport to friend requests.

~Thanks in advance,
MXKhronos

This is happening to me in multiple games that rely on teleporting from lobby to a dungeon or a different world. Can anyone else confirm this being an issue for them?

2 Likes

Can Confirm: This is happening again. When 2+ players connect into a different place it is locking them out.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten significant amounts of reports all day on this as well for Zombie Strike–we’ve dropped a few thousand players and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a large reason why.

5 Likes

This may be related, but I’ve been having problems on the game Eclipsis. When you are in a match (you are teleported to a new server via TeleportService) the server keeps getting closed with the message Roblox has closed this server for maintenance. I am unable to connect back to the match (I am promoted the match is still ongoing but can’t join back. It errors) . It’s been happening for the past two days.

Its one of the only games I actually play so I’m curious if it’s an issue anyone else is facing in other games.

6 Likes

I’m getting reports that this seems to happen specifically when grouping with multiple players. I do not use and party functions, just TeleportToPrivateServer. I use standard Teleport for going back from missions to the place. I hear both of these are getting this warning.

2 Likes

I’ve received a large number of reports in Royale High in the last 12 hours specifically. What’s weird is that it works consistently when I try to teleport to one particular player, whilst for other players it seems to break.

3 Likes

@Kampfkarren @grilme99 @DeningtonGamer @AnonymousDeveloper13

Out of curiosity, are any of the other games who are experiencing this using the Player:GetOnlineFriends() method to get the place and job id information that you’re using to teleport the player to?

2 Likes

Im just using teleporttoprivateserver