Include badge template on Special Game Awards article page

This is the first article I landed on when I googled “Roblox badge” looking for the circular badge template to use as an alpha mask. The template is nowhere to be found on this page, the article just says “make it a circle”. This doesn’t help me. After hunting around the website, even via the Create page (which links to this DevHub page), I could not find my way to the badge template.

The smoother updated version from this feature request would be useful to provide on this page.

3 Likes

Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback. I think another developer mentioned it in the other thread, but basically the badge just needs to be circular… you don’t need to include a special mask or use a specific template, since the circular trimming happens internally when you upload the badge.

I would recommend using a 512x512 pixel canvas to design your badges, in whatever image editing application you’re using.

We can possibly include a transparent PNG file on the article page, similar to the one offered in that other forum thread, but you’d still need to use it as just a “guideline” when designing your badge.

Thanks,
IgnisRBX

4 Likes

I know it’s not necessary to make the image itself circular; as you said, the benefit of using the alpha mask (not necessarily using it as an explicit mask, I should have clarified) is that it shows you where you can and cannot place elements of your design. It’s a mild annoyance to create a perfectly centered circle of the correct size in my editing software since I infrequently create badges, and I don’t want to get it off-size/off-center by accident; after cropping and downscaling, depending on the details of the image, misalignment could become visible. I would rather grab a reliable image online to use to see the boundaries and recommended dimensions.

A guideline image would be very useful and appreciated.

1 Like