Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

I don’t want to be mean, but I’m really negative about that. You see a couple of the developers that work with me rely on the Robux that is split between us to DevEx it. They use the money they got from DevEx to support themselves and their families. And now having to wait 7 days may do more harm than good. :pensive:

3 Likes

I understand why this update might be happening. But 7 days? Plus the uncertainty? And the 30% taxes? Developer exchange already takes awhile. This is just demotivating. It will take forever to either pay someone or get yourself some money. This update should be seriously reconsidered.

2 Likes

One time I have had to wait around a month to get my robux from the waiting period.
Please don’t make that longer.

1 Like

This update harms many developers especially small developers who rely on this source of income. Plus, there’s no waiting period for limited items when limited items are scammed so much these days. Hopefully this can be reconsidered.

4 Likes

Yes I know. Why don’t they put the 7 days for limiteds? There’s more fraud there than developer products!

4 Likes

Oh god, please no. I love ROBLOX but like no thank you.

1 Like

Love your ideas, and stance on this topic! Here’s my insight:

It becomes even worse when you think about trying to fund a game. Most people don’t have a full basis for funding. Some people can only support their game for 3-4 days (or the current wait time) before relying on the Robux generated from sales. By increasing it to 7 days, this may mean games will struggle to even get a platform, and if they do, they’re going to run out of funds quite quickly. It’s not easy to fund a game, it’s not cheap either. People have developers to pay, ads and sponsors to run. Overall, this update is going to be absolutely devastating for any starting-out Roblox developer.

4 Likes

although this is somewhat inconvenient in my opinion, note that it still says 3-7 days, not just 7 days. This could mean that it might, depending on who you are, take no different time than prior to this update.

1 Like

A lot are missing the point that this affects small developers and developers who rely on robux as their source of income. They are already being taxed for 30% of the robux, and now the pending limit has been increased.

Why this sudden change? You point out that it’s for safety and security purposes, but why change it so suddenly to seven days when it has become blatant that everybody has asked for a reduction? Was there a security outbreak, or just an increase of laundered robux being cashed out? There’s gotta be more to this and you are not being open about it.

I think the most distraught thing about this post is that not a single staff member has replied to this thread. I have not seen one reply from them answering any concerning questions everybody might have.

When Roblox disclosed to the public that they moderate people’s scripts regardless if they were private or not, I was certain that it was the last mistake they would make after receiving backlash.

Unfortunately, they have repeated that same mistake again.

This is, indeed, a step backwards for Roblox and their transparency towards Developers.

6 Likes

This is getting ridiculous. Developer Relations keep making stuff hard for us developers.

1 Like

This update sucks, 3 days was already long enough. Now we have to wait a whole week?
Not only that, but if you Devex your money you have to wait probably 2 weeks. This is absurd.
I’m sure this was a very small problem that could’ve been fixed in a better way, unlike big problems with limiteds.

4 Likes

I would like to point this out to anybody reading this thread. Roblox Staff did not definitively say they would be increasing the standard pending period from three days to seven. They said it will range from three to seven days. This means that each person / group’s pending period will vary depending on the risk you / your group imposes to fraudulent actions.

I think a lot of people didn’t pay attention to the key wording the staff member used here when this was posted. Since he left that wording in there one can only assume that your holding period should and most likely would be entirely based on

• Transaction history
  • The game / group making the revenue
  • The Moderation history of the user / group
3 Likes

Before, you would lose 90% if you didn’t have a membership.

You guys must be trying your hardest to get your own developers to quit Roblox, cause you sure are doing a good job. This will be the great depression of Roblox

7 Likes

I said this on the Bloxy News tweet, and I’ll say it here as well, this is not a good change. Developers already had to wait long enough to get revenue from sales, and extending the wait time is only going to make it worse.

5 Likes

For every developer, especially small developers, this hurts a lot. When you’re just starting, the clock is ticking. You can only dev ex once a month so that means you have a higher chance to wait longer to dev ex the majority of your income. So essentially, we’re getting robbed for ‘security’.

If you wanna talk security, then make then make it harder for people to hack into my account, because clearly that’s a problem already.

3 Days was already bad, but know you just put salt on the wound.

You fix the wound, you don’t make it worse.

4 Likes

The 3 day waiting period was already quite long and now it could be extended to up to 7 days? This is absurd, I think the pending sales should definitely be a lot shorter and many Devs agree too I do know that the Roblox team must look for any fraud or abuse, but extending the waiting period up to get payed to 7 days? that is way to much time for someone to get a payed their robux. Even though I my self ain’t no big dev I nearly even a developer but I feel the frustration that the big Devs are feeling having to wait up to 7 days to get their pay.

1 Like

I want your personal take on this. Why do you think this is good…? You are entitled to an opinion obviously but I just want to know why.

2 Likes

Either way it doesn’t matter. 3 days is still a long time. 1 day is long enough. Increasing it to 7 days is absolutely ludicrous.

2 Likes

Increasing it so the system can allow up to 7 days is ludicrous*

1 Like