Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Look, this pending sales thing is complete insert bad word. Seriously making it longer didn’t make a difference in the slightest, it just ruined even more, it would be better if it was removed and replaced with a better system instead of having to wait an entire week for 12 robux, its just cringe.

4 Likes

the only good thing really is that it needs to be verified but at the same time it sucks because you need to get it verified to even use it

3 Likes

Ever since this update came out, this had made me groan in an absolute pain. Knowing payments are delayed, and take a long LONG time to be given.

3 Likes

This is the most outrageous, obnoxious, and most stupid update.

I really have to wait an entire MONTH to receive my money which is an absolute pain. I have to pay developers out and all that I’m seeing on my revenue page is “Your funds were recently transferred and are being verified. Please try again later.”

I get you’re trying to stop USD sales, but in reality, you will never be able to. Punishing legitimate developers who are making thousands of robux off of their games only to have to wait a month to get their revenue because the robux has to be “verified”.

In the end, this update is pointless. Every USD seller will find SOMEWAY to bypass your system. Use your talent to make something else more useful instead of this annoyance of an update. We already have to wait a week to get our revenue, but it’s whatever.

Also to Roblox Staff: I don’t care if I’m coming off as rude to you. You put developers through enough crap and some of you cannot take criticism at all. Work on providing better updates that will benefit the community more. Oh and by the way, I would be heavily surprised if any staff member is reading this. I know most of you couldn’t give a care in the world about what everyone is saying in this post.

19 Likes

Preach!

On a serious note, I recently wanted to do commissions and such but keep getting discouraged because I feel that people are at a loss of how to pay people anymore since it takes so long. People just don’t want to wait 7+ days for a shirt or even longer for a group because it means that technically the developer can delay it since they hadn’t received the funds yet and would be a while until they did. Group payouts themselves may be instant but joining a group and waiting for a month is not. Shirts take 7+ days. I really dislike this update. Bad, bad Roblox.

Just to prove the insanity of this update, this 1 robux has been pending for… 4-5 days now?

12 Likes

Wow! It is really crappy to see that Roblox hasn’t said a damn word one on this topic, even though the developers that they’re supposed to be listening to have made it clear that this update is not okay! How are we supposed to pay developers for our games?! How is the economy going to function like this?! Roblox is shooting itself in the back by continuing to ignore the developer community about such a completely idiotic rule!

I’m ready to up and leave Roblox at this point. They’ve demonstrated a complete lack of care for what we have to say.

4 Likes

I’m going to say this, if they didn’t want us to give suggestions, they wouldn’t have added it to ROBLOX

Never mind. Sorry @FreakingHulk. Hopefully they will change some stuff.

Though to stay with the topic, yes this is very irritating. I barely make any money with my group, yet I can’t give myself any robux from my group. Please ROBLOX, could you set the time down a bit?

1 Like

I seriously feel like this topic has been avoided, it’s coming close to a year since this topic was created. Not a single reply for when they made not just one, but some, of the worst updates that ever hit the Developer community. People have discussed on this forum that they could not pay rent because of the “Incoming Adjustment to ‘Pending Sales’ Waiting Period”. I’ve said a lot in this topic that I would not like to repeat, but I will just say that this is an extreme risk which has pushed developers off this platform whether if its been quietly or publicly. Roblox is no longer a reliable platform to make money off of, and the restrictions put on developers of any sorts have all been affected in such drastic ways.

When they said they increased this automatic wait period to 3-7 days, some people on record and given valid proof as seen on this topic, have waited for months. Months. The other silent update for where group funds were restricted (as shown in the API and this topic) have massively hurt development studios.

I did mention @Kairomatic in January, saying that this forum would well rollover into 2022 as replies would not stop. A good note to close this upon would be a sincere apology for why they’ve not responded to the dozens of individuals who’ve spoken out here. It would also be well worth saying why these updates were created in the first place. This does not seem to be a priority. Roblox staff review the Announcements forum regularly, and this topic has shown up time and time again for 10 months. It is disappointing and a shame.

EDIT:

Corrected Grammar.

5 Likes

This is really annoying. As a smaller developer its incredibly hard to receive commissions already, what with the week pending time we originally had. And now its a week AND a month? Very disappointed in what ROBLOX is using effort to push out as these subpar ‘updates’.

5 Likes

i like how not a single soul in this thread said “this update should stay”, but yall implemented it anyway and dont give a flying #### for the feedback since it ins’t positive, yall doing whatever yall want instead of doing what the community wants, thats why every single thing yall do turns out HORRIBLE, and when i say HORRIBLE i mean it, yall compensating the 90% issues with 30% technology which shoudl have been implemented YEARS ago when even PS1 games had the technologies that yall only tried implementing today

plz consider reading this and rethinking ur life choices, yall ruining this platform for no reason at all, everything could be perfect if yall did A instead of UDSAHFADSGFHASDGFHASGDFHAGFDHAHSDF

4 Likes

I really hate this update, I had a singular robux in pending for not an hour, not a day but an entire week.

Instead of making the time to get robux longer fix the issue.

This update gets a 0/10 from me and looks like a rushed update.

5 Likes

bro i had to wait 6 days for 350 bobux to go in soo i could give it to my alt for it to buy rogue and now i cant give it to my alt because it ins’t “old enough in the group” this update gets a -10/10 from me

2 Likes

And roblox won’t listen to people saying its a bad update, they only do updates and leace it in the dust right after

2 Likes

this 14 day wait thing update is literally the worst thing that ever happened to me, everyday i check if i can pay my alt and i cant, this update is pathetically ridiculous i cant simply explain how pathetic this update is my brain cells die everytime i try to

but bro what gave me the final blow when i had some pending bobux in group and i told staff i was waiting for 5 days already, the staff then put it in secretly and said “we love feedback!”, then i sent them the link to this thread and they said “thx for taking ur time to write back to us!” they didn’t even cared to give a minimal care to the careness of the slightly reading this thread, they didn’t even took the smallest efforts to click the link

at this point roblox is literally saying “we listen to the community!” with their eyes closed and they dont even try to disguise it like put fake eye glasses to make it look like they are listening, no they just close their eyes and repeat “we listen to the community!” infinitely, honesntly idk what they expect doing that but it shows how pathetic roblox moderation has become in 2021

4 Likes

How is this going to prevent scamming and fraud/abuse? It’s not like the scammers will get their robux either way, right? So why boost up the waiting time, while the scammers or abusers know that they will still get the robux? They won’t just magically stop. I have no idea what David Baszuki was thinking…

5 Likes

Even months after this change it continues to be a hindrance.
This change makes scamming much easier. Guy who hired me had a free 2 weeks where I couldn’t accuse him of anything, because I couldn’t get paid out through his group.

I also recently joined a new development team, who can’t pay me till this weekend because I joined their group too recently…

I understand wanting to increase security and reduce fraud, but try to find a medium that doesn’t actively punish developers.

3 Likes

I bet roblox have one security dude in their basement eating mcdonalds and pressing random buttons to “fix” security issues also known as extended 3 day robux time to 7 days or EVEN MORE

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with this. This “update” makes scamming MUCH EASIER! People can get weeks sometimes even MONTHS of free work from you before you get a penny of compensation for it! You just sit there wondering “is this guy scamming me?”

Roblox, you LIE when you say “wE lOvE yOuR iNpUt!”, because you clearly do not! For almost a year now developers have been protesting against these unnecessary damn updates that don’t even stop scammers, but destroy any chance of a developer actually making money in a reasonable amount of time from their work on this platform. You ignore us time and time again, releasing bullsh*t updates that do nothing but hurt your own developers!

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

5 Likes

a year later and it’s still annoying they should of just made it so you had to enter a pin to claim the robux or something :neutral_face:

3 Likes

This update isn’t actually that bad. It certainly helped when my browser was hijacked by a trojan app and cookie logged. They took a large amount of currency from me but this change helped the rollback team to return it to me. Until they find a decent alternative, this update isn’t that negative if you weigh out the pros and cons, and was made with the best in mind.

2 Likes