InCommand - versatile, adaptable command execution

Totally worth it. Can’t wait to get onto studio later to play around with the plug-in :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hey! We’re doing a bugfix update to fix a couple issues:

• All scripts would be incorrectly marked as having unsaved changes. This didn’t have any serious implications; you just saw the ‘unsaved changes’ modal pop up a bit more often than it should have!

• Changes to the saved scripts list made in Run mode (or more generally, other Studio sessions) would not be visible after returning to Studio. In limited cases, this could have led to minor data loss. (thanks to @Alvin_Blox for reporting this bug!)
    Now, it’s not just fixed, but enhanced; InCommand now monitors the plugin save file to see when the script list updates in any Studio session, and instantly refreshes. This means no data loss and support for multiple Studio windows open at the same time!

The update should be rolling out as I write this. If there are any issues, please leave a reply here, or let me or @boatbomber know some other way :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Love the plugin, will make good use of it.

A few suggestions I’d love to see:

• An individual Run button for commands so that we don’t have to load commands that don’t require any change.
  • Collapsible folders to store related commands together.
  • Stored stats about commands, total uses, last ran, last total run time, etc.
  • Reorder commands.
3 Likes

All very good suggestions, thanks!

1 Like

100% recommend.
Of course, there are some things that need to be worked on, and features to be added, such as:
• When typing, auto-scroll the script-editor frame so that whatever you are writing remains on screen
• Ability to switch between lines using arrow keys

One cool thing to be added (which I’m pretty sure the studio editor does not have) is the ability to click a line number, and have it select the entire line corresponding to it.
(e.g. If the index number on line 86 was clicked, then line 86 would be selected)

If anyone has a document with commands ready to paste into the command bar, then download this. Writing code is quicker, and easier to edit. It’s all easily accessible, and overall a great plugin.

Good job, guys!

3 Likes

Really glad you like it! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Will definitely add this to our Trello.

This is something that Roblox really needs to handle. Support a feature request!

Adding this to our list as well, thanks.

2 Likes

Hmm, am I doing something wrong? Each time I hit Play it seems to corrupt the save and spams out “Unable to parse settings file for plugin”. Hitting Play even clears the saved commands permanently and won’t let me save any new ones. Here’s a short gyazo replay:
https://gyazo.com/4bddb542d7ac1110c49653c044565d1b

2 Likes

I’ll be honest; I’ve never seen an issue like that before!

Thanks for reporting it - I’ll try and reproduce it and, if I can, I’ll push out a fix asap.

2 Likes

We found the issue!

The issue is actually a pretty simple deadlock that only happens when you have multiple Roblox Studio sessions running concurrently (put simply, an environment where multiple instances of the same plugin are running). In the event that happens, it’s possible for InCommand to trap itself in a deadlock due to how script list updates are handled internally.

Luckily it’s easy enough to fix, so it’s rolling out now :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for reporting the issue; please let us know if this has any knock-on consequences we didn’t catch!

2 Likes

Are my ‘saved’ scripts supposed to disappear when I close studio?

I hope this is just a bug, as I was really excited to be using this plugin, but if my code doesn’t even save, then I might as well be using the regular command bar.

They definitely save. Can we DM you to work out what happened here?

Edit: Resolved in DMs. He simply hadn’t updated the plugin to get the latest fix. All good now!

2 Likes

I’ve already recovered it, as the main command bar saves previous commands.
Still feel free to message me though

Could you provide visual feedback that my code ran?

1 Like

Having snackbar popups for visual feedback is in the works already!

2 Likes

I was going to test it out and then- Oops It costs robux… I’m too poor for it. Can you make some alpha version free?

2 Likes

No. This has been answered both here and on Twitter.

1 Like

You don’t necessarily need this plugin. Just use Roblox’s default command bar or another plugin. I personally have never had the need to use an external plugin as I don’t really see the point but if I recall correctly sircfenner made a plugin named security tools which is almost identical to this one.

Amazing creation! Always had trouble trying to use command bar, but now I could write multi-line code with this plugin!

2 Likes

Thanks so much to the both of you! This is one of the most useful plugins I’ve come across in a while and it’s definitely fairly priced for the feature set you’re getting.

For any fellow DataStore2 users, this is the perfect plugin for saving and quickly running the GDPR data removal code. Definitely cuts down on the time spent dealing with those frequent GDPR messages!

2 Likes

I would love to be able to specify a “main” function that I can give arguments to whenever I run my saved commands. Sometimes the Selection service simply isn’t enough. Loving the plugin so far, been using it every day since release and it has massively improved my workflow!

2 Likes