InCommand - versatile, adaptable command execution

Love the plugin, any chance of this being hidden away? (Elttob please forgive me for my use of Roact)

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into it a lot more - while it’s technically possible to move into places like Geometry, those places don’t tend to have well defined replication behaviour, so I’ll have to experiment with it first. It’ll also inevitably reduce the reliability of the plugin, since I’d then be dependent on undocumented features.

Those are the reasons I opted to place the event in one of the regular services instead, but I’ll investigate whether it’s alright to move it elsewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, would be executing InCommand scripts on the client the same as a exploit?

No, because you’re not modding the Roblox client - it’s just like running a local script in Studio. You can’t use InCommand for exploiting in-game.

However, you can use InCommand to try and simulate someone trying to run their own code and mess with RemoveEvents/Functions when you’re testing your game in Studio :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well that one robux card sitting beside my PC won’t be there anymore ima get this lol

Also do you plan on there being a change in price BC if it’s going up I will get it now but if not I might wait until there is more stuff I want to buy (you don’t normally go shopping just for one thing so ima do the same in a video game)

I’ve wanted this for so long and now I finally have enough to purchase it, I love this thing and I hope it goes way into the future!

1 Like

Got a feature request for you.

Export Button
Export all your InCommand save data (for backup purposes) for you to import later on in case there is any script loss.

Import Button
Continuing the export button request, this would allow you to import that save data as a copy-paste into a textbox.

Example of Save Data

local InCommand_Data = {
    ['Scripts'] = {
        ['scriptName'] = "scriptContent"
    }
}
2 Likes

Roblox quietly added this and I just noticed! Let’s gooooo!!!

8 Likes

This is a great plugin, I bought it a while ago and it’s seen a lot of use. Recently though, I was flipping between Studio themes to test my own plugin and noticed that InCommand errors whilst trying to update the colours since it contains a reference to a non-existent Enum.StudioStyleGuideColor.ScriptPreprocessor. I’m guessing that this is a property that used to exist and has since been deprecated.

Output logs:

Location in code (IDE_Stripped:183):

Edit: Forgot to put it in the original post but this has the effect of not changing the editor widget colours or the scroll bar in the list widget when updating themes.

1 Like

This is some mighty good work love It

I am a dev however my games do not get noticed making it hard to earn robux however
if this is your issue I got a solution try to find someone you can trust who has a group (make sure its a small group) then learn how to make gfx or shirts sell the shirts and they’ll give you robux. If you are on the game dev side of things do the same but with making a game

Bought it today and I absolutely love it! Debugging and writing code in the command bar is an extremely tedious process. With InCommand, this is definitely no longer the case. I can easily see what code I’m writing and is extremely easy to edit it as well unlike the normal command bar. Not only that, the UI is also good and in general this plugin has made my debugging process 40 times more easier.

Definitely recommending this to other developers, they shouldn’t miss the opportunity to see such a helpful utility like this :+1:.

That being said, I only have 1 concern which is that there is no ability to zoom in the code via scrolling. If that can be implemented in the future, that would be great.

I’ll rig something up and DM it to @boatbomber to see if they’ll implement it. Don’t see any reason to not…

Edit: Just get the file boatbomber said…

Because you can simply open the plugin folder on your PC and yoink the settings.json file, that button would essentially just be that.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that I’ve used this quite a bit…

Hi, I just bought InCommand several minutes ago, there are 2 suggestions I would like to make. Apologies if they were already said on the replies above but I’m too lazy to read them (unfortunately)

• There could be a little gap atleast between the buttons at the top right corner and the text editor when maximum horizontal scrolling was reached:
    The reason for this is when I look at them it sort of makes my eye hurt or think something is wrong, so this is a QoL suggestion
  • Automatic scrolling on both horizontal and vertical scrolling bars on the script editor.

That’s all I have to say, thanks!

Can u send your color settings?

I don’t know why I haven’t installed this almost a year ago but I really wish that I did! Ty for the huge time saver!!! :0

The plugin is extremely small for me:

I use Studio on a HiDPI display, it would be super helpful if there was an option to scale the UI up by 2x (my scaling factor is exactly 200%), at least until UI elements are incorrectly displayed & misaligned is fixed.

EDIT: Another issue:

00:00:00.000  Requiring asset 6738245247.
Callstack:
cloud_4987562465.InCommand.PluginUpdates, line 36
cloud_4987562465.InCommand.PluginUpdates, line 35 - getLatestVersion
cloud_4987562465.InCommand.Main, line 22
  -  Server
00:00:00.768  InCommand couldn't connect to the game server. Accurate Play Solo support has therefore been disabled. (are you in Team Create?)  -  Client