InCommand - versatile, adaptable command execution

i cannot figure out how to fix this i do not see any new updates on the “manage plugins”
its the same on the atmos - skyboxes plugin

That was an update roblox did a very long time ago. Any time an asset id is required, it notifies you about it. InCommand did not print that directly.

and idea how to make it not notifies me?, its annoying

I don’t think you can disable it.

:pensive:Sad its very annoying,And the plugin is cool too

2 Likes

Great concept but the lack of vertical resizing makes integrating it into my workflow a pain. As well as the callstack print, I like my console to be neat and tidy but unfortunately it prints from the server. Hope it gets some QOL changes!

Would it be possible to integrate Lua Learning’s autocomplete features (iirc that it had some that is) into this?

Lua Learning’s code is proprietary (for valid reasons) and understandably, boatbomber did not want their IDE source code to appear in its entirety as part of the plugin source code.

Too many people unpack plugins, even ones which aren’t open source, because its far too simple to do so. Code from my own plugins has ended up distributed very widely without my permission ever having been granted from it. Legally speaking, it’s rampant IP theft, but there’s very little you can practically do about it. Therefore I can’t blame them for not wanting to include it.

If InCommand is ever to receive more features, they’ll have to be developed from scratch.

3 Likes

That makes perfect sense! Thank for for spending the time to explain it to me! IP theft on Roblox is pretty crazy…

2 Likes

Would it be possible to include the recent addition of string interpolation to the syntax highlighter?

There is a feature request that relates to the current issue you are experiencing with this plugin, about this requiring an asset ID in the output. Feel free to support it!

I have run into this bug while using InCommand, it makes writting code difficult as the character is replicated slightly to the right

i believe this is using boatbombers rich text thing. i got around it by modifying the original module.

I just lost 20 to 25 scripts that were saved in this plugin, which is thousands of lines of code. I tried going to the plugin’s settings.json file and restoring an old version (didn’t work). I tried using a file recovery program as well (didn’t work). I tried using another computer with Studio to see if the deleted scripts were still saved there (they weren’t). I have no idea what to do now. This loss is going to set me back days. I’m not sure what the point of using this plugin is anymore if I am just going to lose everything.

I am sorry to hear that. I’ve looked at this issue time and time again and have been trying to architect a fix, but the problem is that it is a Roblox bug causing the data loss.

I am working on ways to better distribute and back up this data.

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding on the issue, and I’m glad to hear you’re still working on it. On the bright side, by reverting game versions, I was able to restore maybe half of the code since I had previously held it in disabled scripts for the command bar. Crisis averted for the most part.

As for advice to anyone else using this plugin: always back up your code (at least until this bug is resolved).

2 Likes

Im really curious how you are detecting if the player is in playtest, can you elaborate?

My theory is just detecting if a player character exists but if roblox has a function it would be really helpful to know. (ive been checking the docs and cant find one)

Edit : litterally seconds after I posted this I found a perfect elegant solution, TestService.NumberOfPlayers is zero while in studio (with team create enabled) but changes during playtesting

RunService:IsEdit moment

3 Likes

This is a nice little gimmick, might be worth a few cents, but not $30 USD? I don’t understand why you would price something like this at $30. I’d much rather buy a fully complete game than get an upgrade for a ROBLOX studio feature I rarely use. If anyone can explain the sudden pricing changes, please do.

1 Like

I’ve put together a playlist which should walk you through the entire cinematic universe of plugin pricing videos I’ve made over the years: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsFMLV-H_GYvJ6BavGjTrzacZQy88oRJK

2 Likes