Increase 10,000 triangle limit for rigs when using the Avatar Importer

As a Roblox developer, it is currently difficult for me to import detailed, immersive character rigs to use in my game (with the Avatar Importer plugin), because there is a hard restriction that the rigs may only have 10,000 triangles (in total).

I have attempted to import a rig with 253,000 triangles (in total, each mesh is below 10,000 triangles) with the Avatar Importer plugin, however it returns an error when attempting to import due to the limitations for rigged avatars. (10,000 triangles (in total) for each rig)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because rigged avatars are a key feature for my game, since players can choose to play as the rigged avatars (most common choice), or play as their Roblox characters.

Therefore, I cannot import my avatars with the rigging already done; instead I have to import the meshes then do the rigging on my own, which is really tedious.

My suggestion here is to enable per-mesh triangle limit, this means that if the rig is over 10,000 triangles it would still be imported normally, however, if one of the meshes is over such limit, the plugin would reject the rig so the user can fix the triangle count.

16 Likes