Increased Group Administration Features

#platform-feedback:mobile-features

Addressing the current UI layout of the Mobile App’s Group tab, I think it would be advantageous to expand on the features currently available for mobile users, notably group admin functions.

The redesign from last year (https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-group-details-page-is-live/210819) has certainly modernized the experience for the many community members who use the Roblox platform via mobile devices and tablets, however, as modern society trends orient towards accessibility on the fly there is an increasing need to have access to the advanced features of group management when away from home.

From mobile apps for restaurants and banks to enhanced support for mobile gaming, companies are allocating more attention towards catering to those with busy lives, who would enjoy services on-the-go as they go about their day-to-day tasks. It would be relevant and practical to have the ability to access group admin when unable to access a desktop, as we as a community enjoy an increasing number of innovative and creative developers each year.

Currently, we have some promising features for mobile users:

Current Features

The ability to shutdown all active servers of a given game:

The ability to create and manage a game’s private servers:

The ability to add and edit gamepasses and gears for a game:

Along with the many features added during the UI redesign (Ability to use Group Shouts, Post on Group Wall, and Manage Wall posts

However, while these functions give direct control over aspects of an owned game, advanced functions for groups such as editing group member roles/ranks, managing payouts of group revenue, or accessing the revenue summary are unavailable. As a developer and group owner, these functions are an essential part of my day-to-day tasks as my community of group members are just as important to me as the players active in my game.

Being able to utilize these functions on-the-go would be immensely beneficial and convenient for my lifestyle. As society grows towards mobile accessibility, this desire for expanded mobile features is relevant to an increasing number of users. Adding group admin features would be a great step towards enabling developers better control over their groups when away from home and would bring things up-to-par with the control they have over their games.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.