Increasing Premium Payouts

I agree, DevEx hasn’t recieved much love

2 Likes

AGAIN? :flushed:
At this rate Roblox’s economy is gonna crash.

3 Likes

Yes, this is actually a good change! This will allow people who don’t want to have a lot of gamepasses, and mainly get revenue from Premium Payouts and donations, aka people like me, and others. I think, this is a good step to a direction where cash grabs won’t be popular.

Sounds good, but thing is. Could the Group Payout tax be lowered? Someone I invested in owes me like 1.6k but it takes about 200 away from the tax, than I pay my dev’s 1.3k yet again, it only puts 1k in my group which is extremely annoying if I am short on R$ because of the taxing.

Payout tax? Are you sure you’re not confusing the payout tax with the group revenue tax? Payouts aren’t taxed, just what the group makes.

It sounds to me like the T-Shirt or item you’re using to put Robux into the group is what is being taxed.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I just mis-spoke. Or in this situation Mis-Typed.

1 Like

YES. That was exactly what I was going to say. (I only saw with announcement 5 hours after it was posted)

To be honest this update is kinda useless and only useful for top developers, but even then this only is a fraction compared to their other sources of revenue. You can’t expect people to drop monetizing just to make a fun game that drives engagement if they are going to get nothing from it because players spend most of their time in popular games.

You can’t live off Premium Payouts, its a small bonus.

(Correct me if im wrong.)

But is the system still the way it was where you would only get a certain amount of revenue if players preferred other games? Why is it like that? It should be based on total play time of premium users while they have premium, not how well your game does compared to other games in terms of play time.

I’m so happy that this is a feature now, I have a friend personally and this will absolutely help them in generating some revenue to increase their productivity! The features being released are fantastic for the developers and really helps motivate everyone to put in all that more effort to attract more to their playerbase!

1 Like

You can’t dev-ex without premium. This is done to reduce the amount of requests coming in from users who are not developers.

This is great for the premium holders, because game developers are now gonna be forced to add alot of bonus’s for people with premium. :clap:t2:

1 Like

Oh my word! Thanks so much, this helps significantly, especially cause of all the world events happening now.

1 Like

Roblox really needs to chill, we are getting way too many good updates, not that’s a bad thing.

4 Likes

On the topic of premium payouts, how much combined premium playtime does it take to get 1 robux in premium payouts?

Very happy to hear this is something the Roblox team has on their mind and is something that’s becoming more and more of a source of income for small game developers who don’t have an incredibly large sum of money coming through gamepass sales and other streams of income.

As a developer with, clears throat 0 Robux, and have games with a lot of Premium users playing my game, I am excited for this update. I can’t wait to see what’s next for the platform. The creators, admins, and core developers of Roblox are making developers happier with new updates like these.

Thank you Roblox! :roblox_light: :roblox:

3 Likes

I am excited for this update! It will be amazing for developers who don’t earn much Robux! Thanks roblox!

2 Likes

Amazing! Now we need a good engine update (redesigning useless UI is not a good example) and we’re set!

2 Likes

Amazing! now i dont have to do overpriced gamepasses.

2 Likes

YESSS THANK YOU SO MUCH ROBLOX. I appreciate the concern about us not getting a-lot of robux from our amazing games xD.