Increasing Premium Payouts

I have high hopes that this update will increase the amount of free to play no gamepass games and decrease the amount of the games that requires you to buy gamepasses to even sprint.

The tripling was also permanent!

1 Like

This update is amazing for smaller developers like me! Gonna seriously help with our ad campaigns.

Although I still have the question about if any Robux incentive will be given for getting users to purchase Premium in your game? Couldnā€™t the percentage that goes to Star creators go to developers when it is bought in their games? This would benefit everyone as the developers get Robux and so do all the other games that player may play via payouts.

2 Likes

This is seriously AWESOME!! I can see my pending premium payouts have sky rocketed and Iā€™ll be able to advertise my group more often. Could not have asked for anything better than thisā€¦ thank you so much ā•°( * Ā°ā–½ Ā°* )ā•Æ

2 Likes

This is huge, thank you for your understanding Roblox Staff!!

2 Likes

at this point the best thing to do to create games with different devgroups is to create different groups, it would be better to create a single devteam with few but good people

1 Like

Me and my game development studio really appreciate this change, and Iā€™m extremely excited to be able to pay my developers easier and more frequently. Thank you for this!

2 Likes

Though I myself have never made a single Robuck from Premium Payouts, I welcome this.
What I predict will come out of this is an increase in ā€œgrowthā€ for the Robloxian economy (hard to define, but in a macroeconomic sense) and more Robloxians will find themselves in commissions as well as general sales of hats, shirts etc. going up. As always, there is a discussion that increasing aggregate demand like this will lead to inflation, but I do not think this update will do so as Roblox is probably quite far behind full-capacity. Of course, I have no idea if anyone is measuring this stuff, but perhaps we shall see anecdotally?

That being said, I think there is a lot more potential to have more updates like this that will have a similar positive affect.

4 Likes

Good morning/night , can someone help me. I dont know how i can get the premium payouts, It shows i got premium payouts but i didnt get them, can someone help me

On the Dev stats of one of my games it says " Premium playtime Robux earned depends on your Premium playtime score, and is calculated over a 28-day window."
So I guess that means it will be given/ put in pending if itā€™s a group after the 28-day window.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. Butā€¦ Raise DevEx please!

2 Likes

Great idea.
But why does email me about it?

You get an email about it because it was the first time you receive a premium payout, itā€™s meant to inform you on how you might suddenly be getting money if you are unaware of the system.

Multiple inactive developers I know with non-monetized games were confused until they checked their emails.

4 Likes

OMG OMG! Thank you very much for the increasing premium payouts. :smiley:

It has so much benefits, here are them:

• Making developers easier to profit
  • Helping new developers to profit more
  • Helping developers that has work as a Real Game Developer ( People that are above 18 and have roblox developing as their job to profit money in real life ) to make more money and make their life easier of course.
  • And so much more other benefits that i canā€™t list one by one.

I love you Roblox, keep up with the great work! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

they donā€™t have a 30% fee like the other sources of revenue

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great update, love the increase, however, what about the dev ex rates? there are already tons of topics made about these and to my knowledge there is a lack of transparency about why developers are only given 19% of what Roblox earns, sure premium payouts are great but when it comes to actually using the Robux you earn to get real life money the amount offered per 100k is just meh, doesnā€™t sound reasonable to me, especially when the developers making Roblox what it is are only getting 20% of the Roblox profitsā€¦

2 Likes

This is actually such a great update! Seeing as the prem payouts have increased, we can expect to see more creative ways that developers try and keep players longer in their game which will benefit everybody in the end.

I havent received more than 20 rbx or so from prem payments myself but im looking forward to making my new project with this in mind. Thanks again!

Is it just me or did the premium payout predictions freeze after August 31st? I havenā€™t gotten any stats for the last 5 days. Last time, this happened after the payouts were increased as well.

2 Likes

This is so good!!!111 Thanks you team Roblox!

This is normal. There is usually a delay before your payment is calculated. If you scroll down, you should see percentages for playtime up to today.