Increasing the graphics quality level to 10 in Mobile sometimes causes pixelation and glitches

Hello,

I’ve noticed a weird issue where pixelation and glitches would appear on the screen when increasing the graphics quality level to 10 on Mobile. At first I thought this issue was related to the introduction of Future Lighting on Android but after testing it on games that do not use Future Lighting and after Future Lighting was rolled back from my device, I’ve noticed that this issue still occurred. This issue seems to affect all games, and so far I would’ve got it in Doors, Cart ride delivery service and Promidius Games Granny. This issue has been occurring for a couple of weeks now. This issue appears to only affect Mobile devices, as I had unsuccessful attempts at reproducing it on a Windows PC.

Steps to reproduce:-
Switch the graphics quality level manually from 1 to 10 until the pixelation and glitches appear on the screen. This may take a couple of tries and may not happen immediately.

Videos:-

System and app information:-
Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy M12
Operating system: Android 13
Roblox app version: 2.633.513 (212894)

Thanks

7 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!

1 Like

Thank you so much for filing this bug report @ItzAidfoplays390!
Do you have a placefile we could use to reproduce the issue in Studio by any chance, please? It could be something very simple :pray: That would help us narrow down what would be the root cause.

I don’t have a placefile that could help reproduce this issue and I don’t know how to make one but I want to remind that this only affects Mobile and it affects literally all games, even the starter game is affected, you just have to keep switching the graphics quality level manually from 1 to 10 and as fast as you can until you encounter the issue. The issue could appear quicker on other games and on certain conditions, it depends.