Infection Script Scanner Plugin Scamming?

Hello there!
I have had bad experiences with viruses and infection scripts in my past, so a while ago I installed anti virus and anti infection script plugins. They have worked well, and haven’t caused any problems. But the infection script scanner always adds the same script to serverscriptsrevice called Handler. It says a basic line of code, and I decided to look up what it is referring to. I looked it up, and it’s a model. I purchased it and wanted to see what it was. It was a screengui that apprently showed up to friends of the creator of the model. I haven’t had any problems with it before, but it still worries me. I will provide the photos below.

Here’s the Gui:

Here’s the script in the Gui (A module script, I think):

Should I be worried about this?

2 Likes

Should be in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support
And yes, a virus scanner shouldn’t need to teleport players

Every time I go into the game, it adds a new script called Handler with the same code. Should I delete these all and uninstall the plugin?

1 Like

And a addition, you shouldn’t use virus scanner plugins. Many of them are real viruses.

2 Likes

Yes, deleted the scripts, and uninstall the plugin

2 Likes

Yes, please remove these scripts and any possible shady plugins. Those are viruses

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate this.

1 Like

No problem. If you are wondering what it is loading in it is this: [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox

Please stay safe.

The two scanners I use(d) are/were these:
https://www.roblox.com/library/2670956620/Hidden-Infection-Script-Detector

https://www.roblox.com/library/5518811189/COZY-Anti-Virus-Advanced-Anti-Virus

1 Like

Is the COZY anti virus safe to trust?

1 Like

The “COZY Anti Virus ( Advanced Anti Virus )” is a scam plugin. The user’s account was created 8/4/2020 and this is their account: Advanced_Tools - Roblox

The user also owns alot of shady model’s

Okay. The infection script scanner has actually caught infected scripts before for me, which I’m thankful for, and now it sounds like the anti virus plugin is the problem. Which should I delete and keep?

2 Likes

Defiantly get rid of the COZY one. That one is defiantly a virus one. I have not tried the other one so I’m not too sure. If I were you I would not use antivirus plugins or free models. Most of the time they have viruses. A normal manual check for scripts you did not create is also good and what I do.

2 Likes

I feel like this should be brought to the attention of a ROBLOX employee. I have reported the plugin, but I still feel that an employee should see this post.

2 Likes

I agree. People still get away with this kind of scandals and ROBLOX needs a system to better crack down on these people.

1 Like

Oh no, not another system i’m allready happy with chat filter.
I think plugins should have something like “Verified” badge

1 Like

Yeah having a verified plugin badge is a great idea.

1 Like

I was thinking that would be great, too! That sounds like it would be very helpful.

2 Likes

Yes I also had the same problem but I found the virus I never installed anti virus