Infinite Terrain Plugin

Thing is, if the terrain is only visible on the client after the game loads, what would this be used for game-wise?

It can be used for anything why is there someone you want to do and don’t know how I’d be happy to help

Models Update Coming Soon

5 Likes

I’m aiming to make an open-world game, but to add NPCs and stuff, I need to be able to see the terrain on the client side as well.
Also, do you have the seed for that map you’re on? Can I use it? Are there any royalties?

heavy breathing intensifies

The scenery is beautiful! (No exaggeration)

I will definitely use this :slight_smile:

Is that the normal Roblox Forest pack or the optimized version?

Optimized version: Optimized Forest Pack

if your NPCs are not moving then you can just anchor them in place generate the terrain in studio then position the NPC where you want it to be then clear the terrain and run the game your NPC should be perfectly aligned with the client sided terrain same goes for building or anything that is anchored

if your npcs are walking around there are 2 ways to do this

Method 1
Generate the terrain on the server side for the areas the NPC will walk around follow this video on how to generate special zones on the server side

Method 2
Place a anchored invisable cube where you want the NPC to spawn and give it a Attribute with the name of the NPC and put all your npcs in a folder in replicatedstorage then when a player walk in range of a invisable cube they clone the NPC from replicatedstorage and place it where the invisable cube is

from here you can make the client move the NPC randomly or the client can lisson for when the invisable cube moves and then the client can use the MoveTo function to move the npc to the invisable cubes new position this would also be the time to do Pathfinding if you wanted to

when interacting with the npc the client will send a event with the invisable cube as a perimeter and this would be when the server would be checking to make sure the client is not hacking

While method 1 is simpler method 2 is better for performance after you have more then 50 NPC in the game you will notice that the server will start to struggle to animate all them humanoids where in method 2 all the animations are done on the client and all that data does not need to be sent over the network so the animations will be butter smooth and you should be able to have almost a infinite amount of NPCs

4 Likes

the plugin does not care what model you use you can use anything you like to spawn around the terrain you have 100% freedom

You can find seeds at my YouTube Channel

there are no royalties the plugin is open source with the Zero-Clause BSD license you can download the plugins source code from here and you can support my work by going here

1 Like

Wow this upcoming update will be great! I love the plugin so far! :slight_smile:

Hello how do i use model,The model is not showing up No error,And all the option is complicated

Video tutoriel coming soon here

Ok,My tree is underground how to move it,And How to use decimal in the script,Since 0.1 in the model editor and it just dont spawn any tree

This video will show you how to spawn models correctly

4 Likes

Hey, currently I have this little problem, that when I use the “random position” the trees will either spawn in the air, or in the ground. I tried fixing it by myself but it caused the generator to lag. Could you implement a feature where the models get doublechecked if they are in terrain, or in the air? Screenshot_136
I watched the video you made

1 Like

double checking would be a waste of performance and some models types would not want to double check

but you have some options

1. increase the amount the tree that goes under the terrain so it has 0 chance of floating

2. if your shifting the position a lot it would be better to just have the tree spawn over that position without shifting it with position noise to do that make sure the spacing value is low enoth to allow the tree to shift in smaller increments something like 5 is good then use high scaled (0.1) noise (N button) to prevent the trees from spawning to close to one enother then you should not feel the need to shift the trees with PX or PZ

2 Likes

Is there a Discord server of this plugin?

Won’t this lag my game like heck though?

No but maybe it might be a good idea for me to make one

2 Likes

No it won’t lag your game try this demo here

1 Like