Installed Plugins now saved in Cloud

When my problem surfaced I immediately tried to restart the plugin by disabling/re-enabling it, and disabling it caused studio to freeze. They’re definitely related.

1 Like

Does this happen with any Plugin or only certain plugins? If the latter, which ones?

Tried to delete 5 different plugins and it happened with every single one, I’m also experiencing the same issue when I attempt to update a plugin.

OK, sorry if I am having trouble understanding you.
Can you provide the name of a specific plugin which has settings which have been wiped out?

Will try to repro. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I’m noticing my output being spammed with an error for every plugin I have installed now. This started right after this update.

1 Like

I am reverting the change, seems like there’s some serious issues.

I apologize for the false alarm. Will get this sorted out and get back to you with updates.

If you have experienced issues, please write back confirming that the issue is not happening now that flag is reverted.

3 Likes

If someone installs a virus plugin and then it saves to the cloud, if it then saves to let’s say your laptop if you delete it on one computer will it delete on the other?

Yes, deletions should propagate to all machines.

1 Like

Ok thanks that’s nice to know.

https://www.roblox.com/library/1677658659/Time-Tracker
Me and my employees use this to keep track of our projects and stay on schedule. I personally had over a thousand hours of irreplaceable information logged on here before today. Quite disheartening to have it all suddenly disappear for no discernible reason.

1 Like

Now the flag is reverted. Is the data back?

1 Like

Yup, it appears everything reverted back to normal.

2 Likes

How does this affect people who share a machine or use different accounts?

If my friend logs in, will all my plugins sync to their account too?

Will they all start deleting themselves if they already logged in to studio on a machine with different plugins?

Also, if I have different plugins on my laptop to my PC (because some plugins make trackpad life a little easier, but I can do the same thing quicker with my desktop PC mouse) will it forcably uninstall the ones that aren’t on both?

2 Likes

Thank you, Roblox. It’s been a pain every time I reinstall studio or reset my pc. Now, I don’t have to go catalog searching the plugins.

This is a great feature to add to the website. Especially for people like me, who aren’t always on the same computer all the time.

I’m curious to see if this will bring any side-effects to hot-swap plugin loaders and other localized plugin implementations.

Nevertheless, great update!

1 Like

flagged for advertisement

Serious question: does this impact saving plugins to the local “Plugins” folder (R.Click object -> Save as local plugin)

I’m assuming not, but just to be safe!

1 Like

This will help so much since I have reinstalled Roblox Studio several times and I’ve had to get all the plugins again but with this update I won’t have to spend like 10 minutes doing that.

This is a great concept, I hope it gets re-enabled soon. This makes transferring devices so much easier, especially when you have a huge set of plugins you use. I just wish updates weren’t rolled back 2 hours after they came out, but I do get that there will be bugs so I can understand why.