Installed Plugins now saved in Cloud

As a hip Millenium, I have a few important questions.

Firstly, is Pepsi okay? https://youtu.be/64UH1_D95gQ
Secondly, is that toast organic and responsibly sourced?
Thirdly, can I use Tidal?

Jokes aside, it’s great that moving from one device to another in studio now has one less burden.

2 Likes

Was this why all my plugin data was suddenly wiped 30 minutes ago? I just lost over a year of important data.

You believe this is related to the plugin stuff being stored in the cloud?
I would like to help diagnose the problem, not sure where to start.

What do you mean by “plugin data”? Like the plugin settings, or the info about which plugins were installed/enabled?

And when you say “wiped”, you mean that files were deleted? Which files?

Plugin settings. Wiped as in, it’s not there anymore - it was cleared. It was stored locally.

It could just be a coincidence, but I’ve been doing this for years and it stopped working an hour ago. I came up with a workaround using the command line, but it’s still tedious.

1 Like

When I attempt to delete a plugin now it crashes my studio. Is this change causing this to happen?

2 Likes

How are you attempting to delete the plugin? By deleting files in filesystem, or going through in-Studio interface to remove plugin?

I’m using the studio interface to delete it.

Gif cuts off before it shows studio crashing but yeah.

1 Like

When my problem surfaced I immediately tried to restart the plugin by disabling/re-enabling it, and disabling it caused studio to freeze. They’re definitely related.

1 Like

Does this happen with any Plugin or only certain plugins? If the latter, which ones?

Tried to delete 5 different plugins and it happened with every single one, I’m also experiencing the same issue when I attempt to update a plugin.

OK, sorry if I am having trouble understanding you.
Can you provide the name of a specific plugin which has settings which have been wiped out?

Will try to repro. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I’m noticing my output being spammed with an error for every plugin I have installed now. This started right after this update.

1 Like

I am reverting the change, seems like there’s some serious issues.

I apologize for the false alarm. Will get this sorted out and get back to you with updates.

If you have experienced issues, please write back confirming that the issue is not happening now that flag is reverted.

3 Likes

If someone installs a virus plugin and then it saves to the cloud, if it then saves to let’s say your laptop if you delete it on one computer will it delete on the other?

Yes, deletions should propagate to all machines.

1 Like

Ok thanks that’s nice to know.

https://www.roblox.com/library/1677658659/Time-Tracker
Me and my employees use this to keep track of our projects and stay on schedule. I personally had over a thousand hours of irreplaceable information logged on here before today. Quite disheartening to have it all suddenly disappear for no discernible reason.

1 Like