Instance: Trust check failed on RemoteFunction

Never had this error before so got no clue what’s wrong

Submit.Activated:Connect(function()
	Submit.Label.Text = 'Sending ...'

Webhook:InvokeServer(Feedback.Text) -- ERROR HERE

Submit.Label.Text = 'Submit'
	Feedback.Text = 'Please enter any feedback you have on the game! This can include feature requests/bugs/possible changes/etc.'
end)

What error are you receiving?

This is likely a server error, if it’s happening on a Server Invoke call.

20:18:14.674 - Instance: Trust check failed

20:18:14.674 - Stack Begin

20:18:14.675 - Script ‘Players.NinjoOnline.PlayerGui.HUD.Settings.SettingsControl’, Line 124

20:18:14.675 - Stack End

Line 124 is the line where I put a comment saying error here. No mention of server side problems in the output

function Webhook.OnServerInvoke(player, message)
	local Payload = HttpService:JSONEncode({
		content = message,
		avatar_url = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(player.UserId, Enum.ThumbnailType.HeadShot, Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size420x420),
		username = player.Name .. ' - (#' .. player.UserId .. ')'
	})

HttpService:PostAsync(Webhook, Payload)

return 'Feedback recieved!'
end

Webhook is actually a remotefunction.

No, it’s a RemoteFunction

Please read this article: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Remote-Functions-and-Events

function Invoked(player, message)
    local Payload = HttpService:JSONEncode({
		content = message,
		avatar_url = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(player.UserId, Enum.ThumbnailType.HeadShot, Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size420x420),
		username = player.Name .. ' - (#' .. player.UserId .. ')'
	})

HttpService:PostAsync(Webhook, Payload)
return 'feedback success'
end

plsputpath.OnServerInvoke:connect(Invoked)

That wouldn’t change anything.

Please use ``` for code, hard to read :grimacing:

This appears to be a bug of some kind - “Trust Check Failed” implies Roblox’s servers are rejecting the request as it is pointed towards a roblox.com domain.

Perhaps you should report this as a bug, as built in methods should not error this way.

You’re passing the RemoteFunction itself to PostAsync, which is certainly not a valid URL.

1 Like

Just noticed that, but another error just takes it’s place
HttpError: DnsResolve
on the same line.

Not sure why it errors on the client tho. It should error on the server

Are you sure the webhook domain is correct?

Positive because I’ve used it before in other games

Double check by going into command prompt and using command nslookup [domain]. It should give you an IP address. If it doesn’t exist it’ll say non-existent domain. If it does exist then your DNS servers could be propagating.

Not entirely sure how nslookup works?

Do I just type
nslookup [url]
(without the brackets?)

Yes and it should pop out a non-authoritative answer which is the part that shows if it exists or tell you it doesn’t.

I just get an error
Expected ‘=’, got ‘https’

Don’t use a protocol. Only the domain name.

Not sure what you mean? it’s a discord webook, so it’s just the url discord gives you for webhooks

I thought Discord blocked Roblox? Anyhow, the protocol is at the beginning, like https:// I mean just do something like google.com. If it is discord then you could try using one of the proxy services and see how they work out.