Interacting with the Notification Banner is Incredibly Frustrating

This is the banner that sometimes appears at the top of your screen when you are at any development-related page such as the Create page.

It’s clear what is going on. There is a button to enable notifications and an “X” to close the banner.

Here is what it looks like in light mode:

The “X” to close the banner is completely invisible. This has caused a lot of confusion in the past as many don’t even know of it’s existence and assume there is no way to close the banner.

In dark mode, the banner looks like this:

(I did not confuse the two. The banner is white in dark mode and black in light mode. It’s really odd.)

It’s even worse. There is no text to “Notify Me” or an “X” at all. I cannot stress how bad it is for UX to have an:

1. Intrusive banner that pops up without your discretion regularly that,
  2. Has unreadable text which also,
  3. Requires you to click in a blank spot for it to close.

It took me, what, years to find out how to close the banner. It’s the embodiment of this:

But the X is invisible.

19 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes

I got this banner just now. It has exactly the same issue, just with different text and with, I assume, different circumstances needed to get one.

Dark mode:

Light mode:

Create pages:

2 Likes

Alright, when there is an update i will pass it on.

2 Likes

Just updating, the banner still has these style issues

2 Likes