Interaction with Script Editor really laggy on Windows

This is still an issue. The script editor will lag even on brand new scripts with as few as 100 lines unless I move the editor until it becomes a subwindow.

My system:
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 7 2700X
Radeon 580X
64 GB Ram

Hate to bump this but I have the same issue. I have seen a thread with issues with Team Create but I doubt that is it, I’ve just recently had this issue. Popping out the window doesn’t work, neither does disabling G-Sync.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i5-9400F
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

I hope this issue gets fixed soon. I’ve tried setting up Rojo but never figured out how. I’ve had scripts with 20 lines lag, CPU usage doesn’t move either.

Script editor is still lagging. Only working solution is to move the editor window into its own sub window. Please fix this.

2 Likes

Just encountered this issue, when I open any script (empty or not) my FPS instantly drops to around 3 FPS.

I have just changed out my GPU from an RX 590 to the RTX 3080 and this is when the issues started to occur.

I’m running on the 64 bit version of Studio and I have Nvidia G-Sync enabled.

System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: RTX 3080
RAM: 16 GB 3200MHz CL 16

Note: Managed to solve the issue. I uninstalled the most recent Nvidia drivers and installed the previous one (at the time 457.51) and I also disabled G-Sync if a window wasn’t fullscreen.

Okay, I seem to have found a solution that works for myself.

1] Uninstall Roblox
2] Remove the roblox folder from appdata/local
3] Purge all roblox entries from your registry. (If you don’t know how to edit the registry safely, do not even try.)

End result: I gotta redo all my settings but it seems to have worked.

I’ma be experimenting to see what was causing the severe lag, but I believe it may have to do with me keeping my save folder stored on a second hard drive, rather than filling up my NVME drive with files.

Theory about multiple drives interacting didn’t change anything, studio still runs like a charm now. My best guess is something in the registry got corrupted, but exactly how I’m not sure.

Either way, doing a full reinstall including the registry entries has completely solved everything for me.

Still happening.

Using a Ryzen 3 3200g, 16 GB RAM DDR4.

Happening to me as well, reinstalled studio, disabled g-sync, and messed around with other settings. Editor is laggy no matter the amount of lines in the script. Using a RTX 3070 with a G-Sync monitor.

I’m having a similar problem, script editor laggy unless popped out of studio. I noticed in the performance window, in Lua, while the script editor was in studio the AverageGcInterval spike VERY high. I couldn’t find anything on google about the AverageGcInterval. I do NOT have G-Sync enabled or available on my PC.

https://streamable.com/9qkyhx

all of the sudden now having the same issue. @Soybeen any ideas?

I had this exact same problem a few weeks ago. I hadn’t changed anything, and suddenly it lagged like crazy. I’m on an iMac though, but it’s the exact same issue.
Though last week, it seems to have solved itself, cause now it works just like before, no more lagging in scripts. I really don’t know why it happened, nor how it just fixed itself again. :joy:

@Philleco . It’s fixed! Here’s what I used Guide on how to fix script editor lag (macos), hope it works!

Ah well, as I also said in my post, it solved itself somehow. It suddenly just stopped, but thanks for the information. Then I’ll know where to go if it appears again. :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the same problem and I think I found a solution. I turned off the Toolbox Menu and Team Create and it stopped lagging!

Still happening, turning off G-Sync fixed it. This issue really needs to be fixed.

1 Like

bump. Still happening @Roblox really needs to fix this…

First time turning off G-Sync did not work, after switching it on and off multiple times (and finally off) it worked.

Like @Destrings said;

@devTools Your topic is marked as solved (solution by Soybeen), does this solve the bug report definitely? If not, you should unmark it, otherwise Roblox’s bug triaging team might misunderstand and think this doesn’t need attention anymore.

If it is solved for you, you should ask a moderator to lock this so the people above can file their own descriptive bug reports on the issue.

wasn’t having an issue with this before roblox overhauled their autocomplete, but now I’m having huge issues with lag. Gsync off seems to have worked, but this is just unacceptable that I need to do use the tools. it’s not like I’m system limited, running a RTX 2060s, ryzen 5 and 32gb. Any other alternatives found?

Just tested and found that scrolling latency only occurs when the window is in focus?? If another program is open and focused, scrolling works fine in the editor.

This is certified weird, fix your tools Roblox

*edit - this is worse than certified weird, thank you mods.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.