Introducing a brand new ROBLOX development program: The Incubator

My, how embarrassing, that was in the first line! :joy::grin:

I heard that you may also be doing internships (or something like that) for 17 year olds next year. Is that still a possibility?

I don’t work at Roblox so I don’t know for sure, but the latest thing I’ve heard when I asked is that they can’t allow anyone under 18 because of the California work laws.

I was just reading about that. Yeah…

Oh well, gotta wait till I’m 18, another 2 years :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to apply for both incubator and accelerator programs. I have a project in the making (although it’s on pause due to my course load) but would totally be willing to create a new project either alone or with a team if my project is not seen as viable or ‘good enough of an idea’. In other words, I am totally willing to do anything and both accelerator and incubator would work well for me.

Thanks!

I feasted on them with my own mortal mouth.

They seriously have great snacks.

1 Like

Yes, feel free to apply to both and we will match you with that programs seems like a best fit.

1 Like

20 days later & I’m still waiting, but I understand there’s a ton of a workload for you guys carry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, this is my fault. I promise you they will be posted this week! I decided to release Spring and Summer signups together and we got a little delayed on the approval of everything.

5 Likes

For the record, the one on this thread is for summer right? I have no time in the spring, but I have time in the summer.
Also when will we get notified of the decisions?

They don’t have a specific time set for the incubator yet, which is what this thread is for. The application he is putting up soonTM will have an option for the Spring Accelerator and Summer Accelerator

Hey,
I have a concern, I’m from France, this experience is definitely something I really want to do.
But the survey says between the end of october and may, but I won’t be able to go in november its too early I don’t have any passeport and a visa.

this is the question 5:
Are you available to attend a 5 month program over fall and spring at ROBLOX HQ occurring sometime between the end of October 2016 and May 2017 *

Its a bit confusing, I will send my application but if the starting date is too early I might not be able to go.
I"ll have a lot of things to do and plan, like the passeport, the visa, the plane tickets, fiding the hotel or appartment etc…

And I don’t want to afford a passeprt if I’m not selected, it would just be a waste of money for me, I never travel.
So I wonder how many time do we have between the moment we know we’re accepted and the moment you should be at the HQ.
and If I have time to plan everything.

thanks.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion of the starting dates.

The reason we give such a broad range of dates is to accommodate folks just like you. Each groups start date is unique, based on when the accepted members can attend the program.

So for any foreign applicants who require a visa it would be impossible to start anytime before 2017. Thus Jan - May = 5 months.

2 Likes

so it can start in march and end in July ?
or the verry end must be may ?

I’m going to try to go to the incubator in the summer (if there is one), so all these questions are for the future:

1. Is the money we get paid enough to be able to live in california? (Like, hotel fees and plane tickets.)
  2. Do we “live” at a hotel? (I’m guessing yes, but just in case.)
  3. Do we need to have a transport to get from hotel (if this is the case) to the building? Or is there a public transport?
  4. If there is a schedule, could we get a general idea on how it looks (nothing exact, just something like “work monday through friday from x:00 am to x:00 pm”)

You’d go bankrupt in a week. You use AirBnB or some other thing to find an apartment situation. Most people room together to save money.[quote=“Ninja_Deer, post:35, topic:28990”]
3) Do we need to have a transport to get from hotel (if this is the case) to the building? Or is there a public transport?
[/quote]

The entire town is linked by subways and stuff.

I’m not a staff member, but from what I’ve seen and heard people say here’s my answers:

1. Is the money we get paid enough to be able to live in california? (Like, hotel fees and plane tickets.)
    I’ve heard “it’s enough to cover living costs with a bit extra.”

2. Do we “live” at a hotel? (I’m guessing yes, but just in case.)
    Most interns/accelerators find a room/flat together and pay a portion of the rent each.

3. Do we need to have a transport to get from hotel (if this is the case) to the building? Or is there a public transport?
    This depends on how far away you live, last year some of the guys found a place 7 mins walk away.

4. If there is a schedule, could we get a general idea on how it looks (nothing exact, just something like “work monday through friday from x:00 am to x:00 pm”)
    It’s the same working hours as a normal job.

This is just what I’ve heard, if you want concrete info maybe PM JParty.
(ScriptOn did answer 2 of these, but I added my thoughts too)

1 Like

Fantasy Production (@TigerCaptain, @Frinigus and myself) has applied for round two! The accelerator program was a once in a lifetime experience and we really hope we can get the chance to do this! Thank you!

1 Like

It would cost and insane amount of money to live at a hotel. No, you show up like a normal work day (8 hours, choose your own hours for the most part) and they pay you salary. I would recommend renting an apartment if you want to not be homeless.

Or you could live in an egg

1 Like