Introducing a brand new ROBLOX development program: The Incubator

Figured I’d help clarify since I’ve done this a few times!

1. You’re paid enough to live in california. The amount you’ll take home after rent depends on how “comfortably” you want to live. If you decide you want to have an entire apartment to yourself, don’t expect to make much of a profit. The bay area is expensive.

1.5) Plane tickets: You get there yourself. Your relocation to the job is not covered as an intern.

1. If you get a small loan of a million dollars, then go for it. It’s up to you. I stayed at the same apartment complex the 3 times I was interning / incubating.

2. Yes, the Bay Area has public transit. BART, CalTrain and a bus transit system are all available. I believe ROBLOX has reimbursements for public transit fees if I recall correctly.

3. You’re expected to work 8 hours a day (40 a week, Mon-Fri). The hours are typically flexible as long as you’re there for all meetings you are required to attend. However you should be available at times when other employees may want to get a hold of you. So coming in for your meeting, then working 1AM-7AM daily likely won’t fly. I typically saw 9/10AM ->6/7PM.

4 Likes

Roblox doesn’t arrange your living conditions. That’s up to you. If you want to pay for 3 months of a hotel stay then go for it. Everyone else rents an apartment or stays in some room they found on AirBnb. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if it has internet

2 Likes

“Really really fast internet”

Out of curiosity, just how fast is the internet?

1 Like

Here you go!

2 Likes

Actually that’s a bit old. It’s even better now. By a lot.

1 Like

Thank you to all the previous accelerators helping answers everyone’s questions. Some of the questions I’m seeing are unfortunately personal choices that we cannot influence as your employer. Issues like housing and transportation will need to be figured out by each individual member. I do want to clarify that this is a full time job and you should expect work hours and pay that corresponds with working in silicon valley and living in the Bay Area.

Also, just took the official Google speed test in the office and the actual analysis of our internet was “Your internet is very fast” Thanks Google!

2 Likes

how is that even possible

If this fall 2016 - spring 2017 round goes well, will the second round be spring 2017 - fall 2017? Can we expect this application to open sometime in the first few months of 2017?

1 Like

@Defaultio Yes

3 Likes

Now

#that’s fast!#

2 Likes