Introducing an Improved Appeals Process

I’ve actually tried this, but costumer support flat out failed to cooperate. Though this is unfortunately the usual outcome of contacting Roblox support. I often have to send multiple replies before I get an original non-copied response, and I have still yet to receive my moderation history.

9 Likes

Thank you Roblox team! This would definitely help the developers out since filling those support tickets might not always be the most efficient way. Thank you again!

6 Likes

Maybe the notification could be more specific, saying which rule you broke or which part is wrong.

7 Likes

Will we be able to see the moderated image instead of just the name/assetid as having 1 thing get moderated after uploading a ton of assets can be quite confusing to figure out what in specular got moderated.

6 Likes

Kinda random but I think Dev Ex should get some improvements too such as lowering the minimum amount of Robux you need to convert And integration with visa or PayPal. I’m not very informed about this topic maybe those exist already :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

TBH, I dunno.
I’m thinking of a shirt that people have already uploaded.
and people stealing from the owner’s clothing without permission or consent.
They didn’t buy the product.
They’ll payout their transaction on their own.
If they don’t, we’ll do it and force them.
We don’t want customers stealing from others.
For continuing forward, we’ll take it down.
us, we don’t want to see them upload other clothing owners.

To :roblox:
Sincerely: Godme12398

6 Likes

This is an awesome step in the right direction, after years I’m so glad to see the appeals system getting a MUCH needed upgrade.

9 Likes

If I have feedback I’d like to convey in the future, how would I go about doing that?

Bug reports and feature requests might work. However, there are unknown wait times for those things as a ‘Member’ (trust level) on the forum. That’s a separate issue though. I don’t think contacting support would be a good idea to convey feedback. This post probably isn’t the best place, at least for feedback in the future.

8 Likes

This is a step in the right direction, but you can’t stop here and call it a day.

There is still a lot of work to be done in regards to improving the accuracy and reliability of moderation.

One thing on the reporting side that could be done would be to show the status of outbound reports. Right now it feels like reports are extremely hit and miss, and being able to see what actually happened to the reports you submitted would be extremely useful.

11 Likes

Here are some glaring issues I have with this:

• You are still avoiding specifying why an asset would be removed.

Many of my assets have been removed either for unknown reasons, and I have to go out of my way to understand that the spade symbol was being flagged as sexual content. Neither the automated bot responses from previous support tickets through email nor any human moderators could give me a simple “Yeah this was flagged cause it’s sexual/terrorist threats/gambling/etc.”, why are you still avoiding a simple improvement such as this?

• You refuse to admit fault for seemingly incorrect decisions towards moderation and appeals.

The post states:

To respond to this, I have a real-life example:

I have tried to appeal my Talent Hub page multiple times because your automated moderation continues to flag said page as ‘containing sexual content’, when all content inside my page either contains the regular Woman R15 body or a WIP screenshot of a woman’s body wearing a dress that covers up all revealing areas of a human body. To date, I have not had any positive responses from Appeals regarding this glaring issue and it continues to affect how I utilize your platform.

With this newfound process, why would I be unable to not only fight against a rejection from AI that has zero context that a human moderator would have, but also not make subsequent appeals when I want to? Why is it that when I know that the asset I am trying to upload does not go against your platform’s TOS, I have to follow what a bot tells me?

Also, has this new process been tested and shown to improve wait times and response times between ROBLOX and users dealing with moderated assets? Will this new process be used for moderated accounts and other support ticket-type queries in order to streamline the process further? Most of all, will we finally have access to human moderators that can look at contextual situations, niche issues, and overall bring us a better moderation experience?

19 Likes

Will this new level of treatment be applied retroactively?

5 Likes

Not exactly an improvement.

19 Likes

This is the part of the update which is bad.

Essentially, you’ve just created another location to appeal from, nothing new. Email, website, no difference.

It would be nice if we had at least 2 chances to request an appeal for the same asset. If an appeal is rejected the first time, allow us to request an appeal a second time, which will be reviewed by another person. This would reduce the chance of human error and overlooks/underlooks.

21 Likes

AMAZING UPDATE.
I CAN’T BELIEVE! Thanks you Roblox!

7 Likes

Please refer to the above post:

5 Likes

This is just a skin UI it doesn’t necessarily improve the appeals process. Or the moderation process. Ive been banned this year a few times i assume by AI completely falsely and for reasons that could hurt my abilities to devex. Im happy the appeals team at least seems to be real people as all my infractions were overturned after I appealed because they were obviously false ban reasons. What you really need to work on is improving moderation so that people are not falsely banned and have human mods that can review reports because if real people are banning me for scamming for having groups i own in my bio they shouldnt have a job. Please work on fixing your moderation of Roblox as its very poor especially when it comes to UGC. Half the catalog now is fake roblox limiteds

9 Likes

holy jesus when is this out???

6 Likes

It is being rolled out currently, so it will be out for each user at different days.

1 Like

I tried to get my moderation history, here is their response:

3 Likes

THANK GOD! In order to appeal something, the new design is amazing and I love it. Thanks ROBLOX!

2 Likes