Today we are excited to start rolling out improvements to make filing an appeal to a moderated asset easier, more efficient, and more transparent.
We’ve listened to your feedback about the challenges of filing an appeal and the lack of visibility into the process. Our vision is to create an easy-to-access destination for all moderation activities on Roblox.
The new Reporting & Appeals destination will serve as one centralized location for you to see a comprehensive list of violations and the reasons behind decisions, and to conduct a simplified appeal process. As of today, you will be able to access this destination via a link in your new violation emails. Other ways to access Reporting & Appeals will come later this year.
You will have more insight into why a particular asset was moderated and can appeal with just one click. Today’s rollout supports image, audio, mesh, model, and avatar accessory appeals. Support for additional asset types will come in 2024.
You can easily select the appeal option, provide insights into why their case merits a reevaluation, and monitor their asset’s status. The overall process is more streamlined resulting in faster handling times and swifter asset restoration for successful appeals. We have also added email notifications to inform you if an asset has been moderated, making it easier to know and keep track of what is occurring with your content.
We’re excited to witness the positive impact of this new appeals system on our platform. We will be working on ways to expand notifications beyond emails so it’s easy to stay on top of your reports. Stay tuned for the evolution of appeals into a more efficient and transparent experience.
We look forward to your feedback and to supporting additional asset types in 2024. Thank you.
Click here to view the FAQ!
Will I be sent a notification if my assets receive moderation action?
- If you have an asset that has been moderated, you will receive a notification to the email address linked to your Roblox account.
What information will I need to provide when filing an appeal?
- You only need to click on the asset you want to appeal, and then will have the option to provide additional info regarding the reason for the appeal.
Are there any restrictions when submitting an appeal?
- If you don’t see a violation listed in Reporting & Appeals, you can still click the link at the bottom of the page to the support form that will allow you to appeal violations that may not be shown.
I didn’t see a particular violation listed, but I know it was moderated. Why is that?
- At this time, we are only supporting appeals for image, audio, mesh, model, and avatar accessories. If your appeal is for a different asset type, it will not be listed. We are working to support additional asset types in the future.
Will I still be able to appeal via the support form as well?
- Appeals will still be supported via the support form
Is this Reporting & Appeals available through the web as well as mobile/universal app?
- At this time, we are slowly rolling this out on mobile. More ways to access Reporting & Appeals will come later this year and into 2024.