Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

That would work but still it’ll be a big word-around. I can see why you guys are using Guilded in this case. Hoping to see a feature like this in the future but as of right now, I guess that’s the best we can do. Thanks for the info thougH!

2 Likes

That is exactly how I imagined it would be added! Awesome addition!

2 Likes

Is there a way to hide/archive an announcement from displaying on the group? Once the announcement is no longer relevant, I would like to reclaim the real estate until I am ready to make a new + relevant announcement. Deleting it in Guilded is not ideal as it loses the announcement history for Guilded users.

2 Likes

That would be a great feature to add to that, but most likely it’d be Guilded sided!

This thread is announcing is a new feature that involves both Guilded and Roblox groups. My question is about this new feature that involves both Guilded and Roblox groups.

What is the correct way to upload a .Gif instead of a normal image (.jpg/.png) to the “announcements”
in order to make it work properly like a .gif and not like a static .png image.

2 Likes

Wondering this too! I saw a group that correctly formatted it so the gif appeared to be moving on the Roblox website. Whenever I copy+paste a gif or upload a gif, it’s static on the website.

2 Likes

I made a design using the API, it not the best but yeah it part of one of my games now. Thanks!

1 Like

Will there be more clarification on why an announcement is moderated? I am having a major problem with posting announcements because it keeps saying that the content was moderated and can’t be posted, but it does not clarify what part of my post was moderated. I have altered the text and attempted 6 times to post an announcement, but it continues to say that something was moderated, leaving me very frustrated.

1 Like

Glad to say that we’re using this new feature for Bad Business!

The screenshot above is not cropping how I would expect - is there an aspect ratio that I should make images for?

Also, will there be support for bold, italics, and headers?

Lastly, I hope to see more integration with Guilded on the Roblox site! I’m personally getting really tired of the group wall (so many bots!) and would love it if we somehow could just have an integrated chat channel from our Guilded server.

1 Like

Pls fix this I can’t post a normal announcement I bet you can’t tell me what I’m doing front a other announcement can’t post a image that already is uploaded to Roblox as tumbnail and in my other group I have a half announcement cuz I can’t update it anymore

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Every time I make an announcement, I get a message saying that the announcement does not meet content moderation guidelines, but it does not tell me which part of the announcement is triggering the moderation, so I keep having to write the entire announcement several times until it gets posted.

The same thing happens with images too. It is very difficult to post images because of the automatic moderation. I wish it would tell me why the image is being moderated so I can adjust it. I have never attempted to post any images that could violate guidelines.

Ye but after a few times save it you can’t save new changes and you need to publish word for word

1 Like

Hi, what size should my images be for them to show up normally, and not cropped?

With that, please fix the terrible moderation on the images, even if the images are appropriate, they will get flagged, and not be shown on roblox.

Please implement this. Thank you very much.

1 Like

There’s no need to take it away for everyone.
If you don’t want to have members join your Guilded group - make it private.
There are other people that actually use it - if you don’t - then just don’t. Simple.

When I originally posted this, making the Guilded server private still allowed players to join, which is why I asked. This is changed now, though, so making the server private works now.

2 Likes

Does it hide the join button too? Or does it show it but now allow people to join?

1 Like

The hide button can be hidden in the settings of your group. I don’t think making the server private automatically hides it.

I cant post photos on my group using Guilded for some reason. Why? It didnt get denied, my screenshots just dont get posted. This kinda kills the purpuse of the announcements thing for me

1 Like