Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

Inbuilt guilded in roblox is going to be safer for children and minors. Roblox pedos target discord servers where most roblox players Communicate, however if the place where most roblox players communicate is in roblox, then roblox can easily moderate any threat such as pedophillia which has become a rampant problem in the platform.

Also adding voice channels will tie in greatly with roblox’s visions like calling your friend on mobile via roblox.

3 Likes

Precisely. Guilded will inevitably be a better choice for Roblox players, even if it ever winds up solely standing as a Roblox based VoIP.

1 Like

Question, can anyone upvote the announcement on the Roblox group, or does it require a Guilded account linked to Roblox?

2 Likes

Anyone can UpVote, as I have seen people who I know do not have an account upvote an announcement before.

Yup, just confirming here. It does not require a Guilded account to upvote/like the announcement.

3 Likes

Will there be plans for the Roblox Group announcement to support more than 1 image? When I make an announcement with 2 or more images, the images show up on Guilded, but on Roblox it only shows the first image.

1 Like

Why I can’t post a image I use as tumbnail for game

1 Like

Yes there will. I don’t have an ETA for you, but it’s definitely a plan for the future.

1 Like

If we get Guilded Announcmnets for our groups. Atleast we should get Bulletin Boards (DevForums) for Roblox groups so we don’t have to struggle with devforum links being tagged a lot by Roblox in our group descriptions

4 Likes

I can see why people are somewhat mad because the announcement feature is a good addition however it’d require many users to move to Guilded. For those, who don’t have accounts on discord or guilded, and those who use roblox groups to promote their games, it will be a better addition to see an API instead of limiting the announcements feature to guilded. That way, us (developers) will not be limited to guilded, rather we can make our own ways of posting announcements.

Obviously, the API will have the functionality to censor words and images, but I think letting us make our own systems is better. That way, Roblox doesn’t have to worry about users on Discord, rather we can make our own systems and not only stay limited to these 2 platforms.

Again, this is my suggestion and I’d love to see something like this!

This is a cool new feature, I like it!

One thing I would recommend is adding an API for these announcements on your groups.roblox.com endpoint that would return every detail of the announcement.

You could just use https://apis.roblox.com/community-links/v1/groups/GROUP_ID/shout. I don’t think they’d port it over to groups.roblox.com, especially when they’re slowly migrating to apis.roblox.com for everything.

2 Likes

Would be awesome if they didn’t just do this to get more people on Guilded.

This has been pretty good so far, Awesome!

For one, they aren’t exactly forcing anyone, but if you want to use the announcement system, then you need a guided server.

Although, the second I saw this it seemed like a corporate decision more than a QoL feature.

2 Likes

Following up here. We just released a new setting that let’s you remove the “Join the Guilded Community” banner under the announcement. This will let you just use Guilded for publishing these Announcements without broadcasting the Guilded server to your players.

Just head into the Guilded section of your Group settings and toggle the “Show banner to join Guilded community” to “off”.

11 Likes

Much better! So I can have a private Guilded server to just post announcements, right?

2 Likes

Correct! I’d recommend leaving it public though so users can follow the link to history of your announcement posts, if they would like to see them. If you remove the other channels on the server, they won’t be able to see or post anything else.

1 Like

Got it. Also if possible, a follow up on this reply?

1 Like

It’s not planned in the short term. That said, the only real requirement is that you have a Guilded server connected to your Roblox Group, and a Guilded account just requires a Roblox Account for signing up(no need to login with a password). If you want to build your own means of composing and publishing the announcement, you could in theory use the Guilded REST API, which will then publish to the Group.

This isn’t “officially supported” and hasn’t been tested, but it should work in theory. Of course, you’d have to do your own handling of errors due to not passing the Roblox text, image filters, or any other unforeseen issue.

2 Likes