Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial

That’s a font ligature - the designer made it do that, and it’s actually a standard typographic flair you find across multiple fonts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is horrid. do NOT delete montserrat

1 Like

Good update other than the Gotham font removal. I seriously hope this gets reconsidered.

Can we get Builder as a default font instead of having to buy it?

Even though it’s free, the extra steps needed to get the same font that the entire app uses is unnecessary. It should be predownloaded onto all devices like the rest of the fonts that are given by default in Studio.

Figtree (proposed by @GreatGuyBoom) is a great replacement for Gotham – much better than Montserrat.

Now, for my opinion about the fonts: I don’t even mind Builder. Heck, I wasn’t even mad when I first heard that Gotham and Arial were deprecated. Arimo seems like a good replacement for Arial, but I’m a bit iffy about Montserrat.

5 Likes

Don’t remove some fonts like Comic Neue Angular, Press Start 2P i use the 2 fonts a lot in games i make

how do you download the builder mono font? i want to use it as a script editor font.

Why Remove Arial? So many UIs are dependent on this(including legacy coregui code)

I just have four things to say:

1. A new font? That’s cool. It’s a shame its license renders it almost useless since it’s limited to Roblox experiences.
  2. Unlike a couple users, I’ve only used Gotham for one label (and Arial’s blandness wasn’t used at all) so this change won’t affect me!
  3. I would love if more fonts from Google Fonts were added to the Creator Store, especially Sniglet, a readable, cute, and rounded font, which would be perfect for my experience (since I’m already using it for related resources elsewhere)!
  4. Legal problems and licensing suck. You can always tell when a change is caused by something legal if there isn’t an official response actively confirming or denying it. (I assume some kind of legal document keeps anyone from being transparent about things like this?)
1 Like

Can you add custom fonts that at least cost robux to upload

removing Gotham, really? What eve is the point of doing that bro 90% of my uis uses this font

Montserrat is my favourite font for every UI designs I do so thanks for adding it

For anyone wondering on how to access these fonts outside of Roblox Studio for designing.

A friend has written a short Node.JS script to retrieve and download them from the official Roblox Asset Delivery API.

The code and fonts can be found here: Shuiux/Roblox-Builder-Fonts (github.com)

Make sure to read the Roblox Builder Font license first.
I do not recommend downloading these fonts without written permission from Roblox.

2 Likes

But for Arial: nah, Windows has it…

i mean they could do the same thing for the t-shirt to have the same resolution size and where the text are placed

So is gotham getting removed from studio? Or is this only applying to the Roblox branding?

I absolutely love this, but what is the point of removing Gotham? I use this font everywhere and find it super useful!

Removing Gotham? Ruh roh! There goes hours of work on UI projects that I’ve made and other projects my teams and I have planned. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m trying to experiment with this new font family, but, in Enum.Font, only the BuilderSans family exists. And from a quick glance, I have not been able to easily find documentation on using a “Custom” font.

This honestly feels kind of odd putting the fonts inside of the Creator Store.
Why isn’t this a native font to Roblox Studio?

1 Like

Please keep Gotham and Arial in the game.

I use both of them actively, and I think they are incredible fonts.
I don’t see any reason to remove either of them, especially if we can’t even use the new font off platform. Why?

4 Likes