Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial

I’m assuming after Gotham and Arial are removed, they will automatically be replaced by their counterpart?

this messes up all my old roblox games
i seriously dont want to have to update all of them

if the default font gets updated it WILL break stuff

Help me remove this font or revert the updates cuz I don’t think anyone wants this…

I cannot read what all the text say now :sob:

5 Likes

i know right, it’s so hard to read it and idk how to remove it back to the old one :sob:

2 Likes

With all due respect this font (especially on the home page) is nasty and causes especial issues for people (e.g. me) with astigmatism. Quality comes from consistency and familiarity and by creating something unfathomably different causes major problems.

The current font style, while unique, significantly hinders my ability to interact with the Roblox platform effectively. I kindly request considering a switch to a more accessible font type, such as Montserrat, which offers better readability for a wider audience. The Roblox developer subdomain is amazing, why don’t we copy that style (font text included)

3 Likes

I probably had astigmatism too when I was young but this font also causes me problems and I am unable to read it on studio so I’m basically unable to even use studio at the moment lol

1 Like

Ok, I figured out that deleting all the fonts from AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-...\StudioFonts gets rid of that unreadable font and adds a more readable font :sob:

these are unreadable and removing them helps

3 Likes

thank you so much! i’ve been looking for something like this!! <3

Roblox is using Dorsa lol

(smallest font)
Seriously, as a glasses user, my eyes are suffering bro.

1 Like

Please explain what is this. I mean it’s cool but why removing cool fonts?

If you forget to change it, it will automatically be changed

is it just me or roblox now brings the new font to devforum & creator hub

is roblox now starts replacing fira mono with their own monospaced font?

will it soon be in the upcoming roblox studio ui change?

I like this update for the DevForum and Creator Dashboard because it really modernizes its look and feel. I would only recommend using a more readable font for descriptions, where the text is more condensed:

Original Font (If You Remove Builder Sans using the Dev Console + CSS)

New Font

Word or this support:
IMG_0839
When?

They can change the site from builder sans to builder extended, sounds great.

Licensing. Both Arial and Gotham are not free so Roblox has to pay the creators a fee, and apparently the fee has increased substantially, so for Roblox it’s easier to not pay and stick with Arimo and Montserrat than to pay more for licensing the two fonts

There is a reason for they to be deprecating the two fonts

Gotham is everything to me, the very essence of my existence. You cannot, under any circumstances, strip Gotham away from my grasp. From the moment I stumbled upon its allure, it has been my constant companion, faithfully serving my every whim. I have woven it into the fabric of my being, relying on it unfailingly throughout the ages. Even if fate conspires to erase it from the annals of existence, I will cling to it tenaciously, defying all odds. My methods are unorthodox, my determination unyielding—I will immortalize Gotham, ensuring its perpetual presence in my life. While you may attempt to divert my attention with other distractions, such as Roblox, your efforts are futile. Gotham transcends mere affection; it is the very embodiment of love and life to me.

4 Likes

RobloxFontChangeRevert.zip (3.1 KB)

(One false positive. To view source code: Right click the pop-up, and click sources)

2 Likes

Although I’m not one to judge, it’s just a little bit of a G change which most people won’t notice.