Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial

Do you like the font that they added to Creator Hub, Website, and App?
  • Yeah
  • No, make a option to revert
  • No, I don’t.

0 voters

Also will the legacy pause menu use Monserrat in some areas

ROBLOX makes 624 million US dollars a year. I’m sure it would be worth it for their developers and for them to license the font.

2 Likes

They don’t purchase the font, they license it, and for a company that big the license IS expensive

1 Like

That’s a bug where the fonts directory in Studio gets corrupted, just reinstall Studio and it’ll fix the problem

1 Like

The new font does not support cyrilic. The font is then converted to Arial anyways. Why do you think that deprecating Arial, that supports tons of characters is actually a good idea?

4 Likes

I hope they will update builder font to support cyillic and greek

3 Likes

From a business perspective, paying artists one time fees to create your own font is probably something Roblox should have done a decade ago.

2 Likes

The font is as hard to read as it is to find a positive comment.

2 Likes

before, when this font was not added, in the example it looked better than Gotham, but now that this font is used everywhere, I understand that they are not very suitable for Roblox at all, the font is small and looks like some old font that was used a very long time ago, and plus the font is too thin, and that is why I am now using a plugin for the roblox website to return the Gotham font

2 Likes

Deprecating Gotham and Arial

i say it again:
Deprecated means it’s discontinued & no longer encourage using it, but it still exists
Sunsetting means it’s going to be removed entirely

does this mean it’s going to be discontinued or removed?

Arimo replacing Arial is fine in my opinion
but according to a person in this topic, they stated that Figtree needs to be added since it’s an open-source font, and needs to be a good Gotham alternative besides Montserrat

1 Like

I hope Arimo supports that soon.

2 Likes

Good Update. Just dont remove the old fonts pls…

1 Like

Why does typing with a font inside the marketplace changes the font to Arial. Will typing in a text box with a backup font be replaced by Arimo or keep it as Arial?

1 Like

Figtree is the goat because it looks like Product Sans

1 Like

Hello Creators – Gotham & Arial will be removed from Roblox on May 28, 2024. On this day, they will be replaced with the following fonts:

Please take a look at the original post and FAQ below to understand how this might impact your experiences.

3 Likes

why would you deprecate gotham… literally 90% of my UIs use that font and montserrat is just god awful. first you add tons of awful fonts and now you deprecate the only good families you had. screw this

6 Likes

wait, so why are they being removed? This is going to affect all of my games and I don’t even like the new options.

1 Like

its not really the devs to blame too. if licensing costs are the issue then its directly from the suits of roblox. lets hope the negative criticism will make them add another option

1 Like

completely disagree with this, every gui i have worked on uses the Gotham font, and you would rather replace Arial and Gotham for a font that looks like SourceSans imo

1 Like