Today, we are extremely excited to announce that we have given audio uploading a serious makeover. This makeover has two notable changes:
- Importing audio assets can now be done directly in Studio
- Importing audio assets can now be done IN BULK!
Where can I find this feature?
Importing audio files has been added to the existing bulk import workflow of images and meshes. In the Asset Manager, you can trigger the importing workflow and select multiple audio files from the file picker along with any images and meshes you wish to import.
Once you have selected audio files, you will be shown a dialog and asked to accept the upload fees prior to confirming the import. In this dialog, you will be able to see per asset costs as well.
Once import is confirmed, you can monitor the status of each audio asset along with any images and meshes you had selected to upload.
- Audio assets can be accessed in the Asset Manager via the Recently Added tab (this will display all assets imported in current Studio session)
- They can also be accessed via the Audio asset folder in Asset Manager (this is also new!)
Audio file requirements
We have made no changes to the requirements of an audio file. However, as a reminder:
- Audio files must be of type .mp3 or .ogg
- Audio files must be less than 7 minutes
- Audio files must be smaller than 19.5 MB
- 20 Robux for 0-10 seconds
- 35 Robux for 10-30 seconds
- 70 Robux for 30 seconds-2 minutes
- 350 Robux for 2-7 minutes
Not using Asset Manager? Bulk audio importing will also be available via the import functionality in the Game Explorer. However, we really do encourage everyone to use the Asset Manager as the post-import asset accessibility is only available there and not in the Game Explorer. Audio assets will also be accessible via the Inventory in the Toolbox.
Big shoutout to the team that made it happen: @applepinecake, @funturious, @FriendlyAdder, @andymtns, @iMightBeLying, @Mr_Purrsalot, @DrowningEggs, @St4rst0n3, @4thchamber, @KurtisC_Roblox, and @MoonRocketApollo!