Introducing Bulk Audio Importing in Studio!

good catch! that screenshot was from a design mock and i have updated it to be more accurate :slight_smile:

15 Likes

ROBUX is refunded if an audio is found to be in violation of the rules (being too loud, etc).

6 Likes

Ah, I’ve only heard people complaining about this in Discord calls.

1 Like

Awesome change although the charge should be scrapped. Paying pocket change for such an important feature which people already ignore/put aside just hurts games and by extension - roblox.

5 Likes

Oh my god! This saves me SOOOO much time!!! (context: I have bad internet, so everything takes forever to load) Before, I’d have to manually go back to roblox.com, then click the create tab, then click audio tab, then upload my audio. Now I can do it inside roblox studio!

Thank you so much Roblox!! You’re really improving your platform!

1 Like

Roblox has delivered some amazing good features this year that really push the Roblox abilities and creativity like fib3, surface appearance, Dynamic Skies

The only big problem that is being for so years is that you gotta pay to upload sounds. As Roblox keeps evolving it needs to find a way to break that boundry because what’s a game without a sound?

Since roblox somehow achieved to deliver free servers i believe free sound uploading can also be achieved because a lot of developers like to create stuff for fun and not to earn money and the fact that they have to pay from their own pocket to create something is just a really big problem.

2 Likes

Eh, too expensive for me. Not a real big fan of this :confused:

5 Likes

I don’t want to pay to upload sounds, I’ll just us em from the toolbox honestly. I don’t wanna pay that much for a FEW sounds. Nice idea, just not for me.

4 Likes

I think this is great but the Robux part is what I don’t like, imagine that you have to commission an audio designer to make audio then you have to pay again to import it, 350 Robux for 2 - 7 minutes to be fair is not a lot of Robux at all but I think it’s unfair to charge this especially towards smaller developers, overall the feature is good but I just think importing fees are a bad idea, considering its mostly bots that moderate it anyways (from what I have heard, this isn’t meant to defame Roblox). Overall it’s a great feature though but I just think the fees aren’t a great idea, Roblox already taxes 30% on shirts and has low DevEx rates and has extremely long pending periods.

5 Likes

This feature is a much-needed one! It’ll make all of our lives easy, although it should be added to the create page too.

1 Like

Cool feature, I probably won’t be using it though, because i’m poor. Great job to the team that made it happen!

3 Likes

Finally, a nice feature. I, personally won’t be using this due to the paywall between me and the audio…

4 Likes

This is a good update I’m proud of you Roblox team! I could see a lot of developers thankful for this feature in the future!

1 Like

The cost has existed for a very long time and this post is nothing to do with the cost.

It simply adds a new way to upload audio.

You’ve had to pay to upload audio based on its length for years now.

4 Likes

And before that it was a flat 200 Robux regardless of length, be it 2 seconds or 2 minutes. Current prices are very reasonable compared to that.

Great work!

This will work well with my AudioSprites system that I am planning to open source

thumbsup

2 Likes

Any plans to support .wav files? This is the the standard for game engine audio, tired of converting to .ogg all the time.

4 Likes

Coincidence? I think not. Either way a cool update, but the timing seems rather peculiar.

13 Likes

Fricc yiss
I literally just got sent over 45 files of voice acting to upload. that would have been a pain in the rear to upload.

Finally theres something like this! Now I dont need to go to the website :+1: