Introducing Configure Group

Why?
What if I don’t want a developer to be able to spend the group funds, but I’d like them to be able to see the revenue?

There was a post about this where it was regarded as a bug.

5 Likes

Thanks! It looks amazing! However, when is the developer page going to get updated. I still sadly get blinded from it at 1-2 AM

This was a very needed update. Is there an ETA of when its going to arrive for all users?

What an exciting update!

I’ve been wondering for the past few years, ever since the first website redesign, to see when this would be released. It’s of great comfort to know that there is still attention being given to the groups feature, which is often a cornerstone of community-based games and game studios.

6 Likes

I like the group payouts functionality and how it shows a user that it thinks to payout to, but it shows people not in the group, which is a little hassle when paying out.

I think it should be updated to display a user in the group whose name closely matched that of the input for payouts.

Roblox is not in my group, but shows up as a payout option:

5 Likes

I love it. My only gripe is that it seems a lot more painful to mass rank users manually.

I actually see this as an advantage, but it would be neat if it would indicate the user’s rank after the name.

5 Likes

Early January is when they plan to release it.

Don’t know if this is on ROBLOX side or just my side. I am getting the error code : 500 when creating a group role.

1 Like

I just created a role and it works perfectly; probably something went wrong on your side. Do you have max roles in the group?

I probably hit the rate limit.

Acctually Im still getting it :

(This is still happening after an hour since i last tried it)

If anyone has this lmk so i can do a Bug Report.

EDIT: This is doing it via the Reskin group Admin Panel not the old. Tested it with the old one it works fine.

1 Like

Glad there are some changes to group, even if its just updating the look. Makes me feel the day is coming closer, when I won’t be blinded by the outdated, blindingly white ‘Create’ page.

3 Likes

Would be nice if we could see a dual ownership feature, and the ability to give one all permissions (including paying out members) as well.

3 Likes

I think it’s alright, my main complaint is that you now have to navigate further to accept pending requests - it was directly on the front page in the previous group configuration, but I guess this is a bit nitpicky.

2 Likes

Pardon if someone else has already asked this question, but how exactly does someone spend group funds? Does this mean I can give permission to a user to grand their own payouts?

3 Likes

It means people with that permission can spend the group funds on Adverts / Sponsers.

3 Likes

You could always use a Bot to do it with a Command. (Examples can be found on different fourms / Discord Servers)

Seems like it doesn’t like the lack of description. I’ve filed this as a bug and we will update the create endpoint to accept blank descriptions :+1:t4: thanks for reporting!

4 Likes

Why is description required? Most people don’t use them that much (I only use it to include a description of stuff like in-game permissions)

2 Likes

So actually after investigating it seems like you can immediately delete the description of a role if you update it on the role page, so we will allow empty descriptions. Updating my other comment

4 Likes