‘Twas a late night on Roblox, alone at my house,
as I visited the Group Admin page with the click of a mouse
It blinded me with its colors and appearance so dated,
and I thought, “oof, a reskin would be much appreciated”;
It’s time for a page that supports dark theme
and with very few bugs left for the engineering team,
I’m pleased to be able to give you the scoop
and introduce a new page, Configure Group
We are happy to announce that starting today, the Configure Group page is live for beta testers!
Here are some screenshots displaying the page’s new look:
For the most part, this is a reskin of the existing Group Admin page, meaning it supports dark and light themes and is more consistent with the rest of our website. We’ve also translated the page into our supported languages, and relocated Audit Log to a new home as a menu option on the Configure Group page.
We’ve made some changes to permission-based content visibility, showing only the tabs that are most relevant to what the users roleset has permission to do and see. In summary,
- Permission to post group shouts do not provide access to the Configure Group page, as this action is done in the details page.
- Permission to view the audit log or spend group funds provide access to the Configure Group page.
- The “Information” tab is only shown to the groups owner, since they are the only ones able to modify anything on that page.
- The “Roles” tab is only shown to users with permission to manage member ranks.
- The Revenue “Summary” and “Transactions” tabs are only shown to users with permission to spend group funds.
Updating this page meant a lot of behind the scenes work that will make it much easier to add new features in the future. Things we’ve already heard suggested from developers such as yourselves, and hope to implement in the future, include but are not limited to:
- Support for mobile devices
- Filtering audit log by time period
- Batch updating user ranks
- Permanently blocking users from joining public groups
As this page is still in development, we are aware of a handful of bugs and will address them early next year. The known bugs are
- The browser’s “back” button doesn’t work if you aren’t the owner of the group
- The link associated with a game in a transaction for an item that was purchased in game is a link for the item, not the game
- Usernames in Audit Log are missing links
- Some strings still show up in English regardless of language settings
The Group Admin page is sticking around during this testing phase, and you should see both options in the menu on your group’s page. We will be monitoring this thread for feedback and bug reports, so if you run into any issues or find any additional bugs, please let us know, and rely on the Group Admin page until we push out a fix.