Introducing Configure Group

Alright, I thought i broke the page by doing it. So just it was the Description?

Yep! For now if you want to create roles on the new page, just include a description.

2 Likes

Alright, Atleast i didnt break the page this time.

Love this update. Now the interface is consistent with your theme, now when I have dark mode, I don’t get the blinding interface on my screen. This is also user-friendly. Great job on this update!

2 Likes

A well-needed update. To add on to what people are suggesting, I really hope one day we can have the option to transfer a game from the owner’s profile to their group from this page or at least make it so group owners don’t get taxed from paying their own group (but that’s another topic for now, and some users already brought it up). I bring this up because groups are becoming such an essential part of development teams that people who have years-old games (like me) are being screwed since I can’t formally pay workers without being shot with taxes. This is a great step in the right direction and I hope more functionalities can be brought to the settings.

Also, I might be blind, but for as long as I can remember, there was never an option to configure a group from the mobile view. Always had to turn on desktop view on the chrome mobile browser to do that. Would be nice to have that option, or if there is one, make it more visible.

8 Likes

I got it too. :thinking: . Must be over roblox

Try adding a Description to the Create Role bit, That seemed to work for me

I am glad the page was finally altered. However, I don’t like how it gets cropped when the menu bar is open. At 90% page zoom, it is set to be always open so some of the elements will get cropped every time.

5 Likes

Something I would like to see the return of, is the ability to disable / enable guests from posting on the group wall

As it stands, guests can post on my group wall and I can’t disable it, not that that’s a problem because I like it this way, but I would like to enable it for my other group as well.

7 Likes

This seems like a very interesting update. I would suggest if there is an option to keep the old Group Admin panel, but it is good either way. Speaking of groups, I believe you should be able to change the name of your group, either for free, or a small price.

2 Likes

EDIT; I decided to take another look at the screenshots after my initial viewing, and while I’m still glad for this update, I do agree with the others that everything seems a bit too big and with their complaints.

Some feedback on this, the old list where you could view all of the ranks and their respective ID’s was extremely useful, can we get a version of that in the new one? Having to manually click through each one to get ID’s is a bit tedious. It’s a rare problem, but its something I immediately noticed when opening it.

I also agree with this immensely. It would definitely help those who are high ranked in groups.

By any chance, will there also be an update for group walls, eventually? I feel like the scrolling feature is more of a drawback than an asset as it currently stands.

2 Likes

I think this means in 2020 it will be released to the public and Group Admin will be removed? Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Limit to two changes, and use notifications to warn on the change. That’s it.

1 Like

I think it’d be nice if the functionality for searching for a player to do a group payout was included in the audit log.

This is the payout screen below. It should also be like that for audit logs.

I also read a comment saying that group rank should be included, and I also think that’d be neat.

1 Like

Great work to the team who made this, I’ve been waiting so long for an updated group configure page! The recent updates to modernize the website are looking very nice and this new group configure page is quite easy to use.

2 Likes

The group description text box needs to be bigger by default.

2 Likes

There’s currently 255 possible rank numbers yet Roblox only allow us to have 20 ranks.

12 Likes

Honestly a notification for group members will do the trick and if they’re not happy with the group’s name they can simply leave, what matters the most is what the owner wants for his group the members come second.

2 Likes

As a group owner and Roblox developer this change just made it much more challenging to accept and rank members while adding no knew features or information such as a member’s join date or account creation. It changed the ranking from 18 players per page to 9, meaning why we accept 400 people into the group, we have to load the page twice as many times in order to rank everyone up.

Please stop making changes that give a facelift without finding solutions to the problems.

4 Likes

You could always use a Bot to do this, Fetch the user data from the joinreqest events (in some packages) do this (quick mockup)

join request recieved - fetch user data (age status groups etc) have a url with external api or even reactions to listen to the event if approved accept them into the group - message the user saying you have been accepted.

1 Like