Introducing Connect 2022!

Lets goo, me and @TheDarth_Dot get (not so) ez win. Well done everybody

5 Likes

Congratulations! I think you really deserved this, even though I didn’t vote for your game! :joy: Your game was very well made. I actually connected with your sister in the game when I tried it, which was cool! I told her to tell you a said good luck. Don’t know if she did or not.

I’m honestly stunned that we even got in 4th - 25th place. I wouldn’t have chosen our game if I was one of the judges. It is a glitchy mess.

If anybody needs me, I’ll be playing through all the other games that got 4th -25th! :grin: Have a nice day!

6 Likes

Don’t worry, our game had like 2 bugs as well :joy:

2 Likes

Complete injustice.
My team worked hard, to be honest it seems to me that the administration team did not agree between communities, because in our game I placed a webhook to let us know who entered our game, and no administrator played enough to know the potential of our project.

Please, I ask you to re-evaluate our game and that it be played by 4 people as the title of our game indicates. I also noticed that at no time it was played in company.

6 Likes

Sweet, top 25. I guess we got a little more than a participation award! :joy:

Two man team, was pretty hard to even figure out what we even wanted to do haha. Great job @Sentross. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh its cool that you managed to catch her in-game!! I’ll def pass it on to her that I managed to find you here as well haha

Bugs are bound to happen, especially when youre on such a time crunch, but you’ll get better with time! Persist and come out stronger >:)

Congrats and Thank you!!!

3 Likes

2 bugs that we know of as of now…

3 Likes

They judge the game by the video, not by the actual gameplay.

1 Like

And what happens when the video is made in Spanish?

3 Likes

I am reviewing what @alexfinger21 commented, and it is true. What leaves me even more dissatisfied, because it lacks logic and sense that it has been evaluated in this way. Adding also that (I’m not sure) but in the Hispanic community we were not informed in time that the project was going to be graded by the video pitch.

I am sorry for my disagreement, but I will not stand idly by and watch them undervalue a work that took my team hours and bad nights of work.

1 Like

I am not sure, they may have translated it. Do you mind at least linking the video here to see what quality your project is of?

1 Like

Sure, this is my project. If you like you can say your opinion, I just want our work to be taken into account.

1 Like

Was one of those bugs the delayed jumping? Your game seemed really cool, but I couldn’t play it very well because when I clicked the jump button, it would wait half a second before making my character jump.

Wow, ok. That looks really good. However, it’s still up to the judges to select the games… and they may have not selected a Spanish-voiced video because it would be difficult for the community to understand.

2 Likes

didn’t even know this event happened and missed out on free items :cry: guess ill get the game jam role so i don’t miss out next time

1 Like

If this is the case (I hope it is not), how will Spanish speakers be able to stand out in the global community if we are demoted just for being Spanish speakers?

2 Likes

So im guessing American game jam videos are the only ones that are going to win? even though I never done this game jam I think this is dumb and unfair if that's the case

2 Likes

I am not sure and probably wrong lol so yea

1 Like

it’s logical, in RDC gamejam our games were actually played, however the amount of submissions were way lower, and the competition was much more cut throat, it would be impossible for the judgers to play hundreds of games within a single day. They also gave you a whole extra hour to submit your game, which could’ve been used to improve your video.

This is even truer in the Top 3, most of the voters are most likely to watch a video than get 2 - 4 of their friends to play a 2 minute game.

2 Likes

In Goob we trust. Thank you to everyone we voted for Tales of Goob, very happy with our 2nd place. :green_heart:

6 Likes