Introducing EIFS Into Your Builds

When I worked in construction, one way we made exterior architecture more artistic and eye-appealing is by including EIFS into the build. EIFS (Exterior Insulation Finishing System) is a type of cladding system that provides exterior walls with an insulated finished surface and waterproofing in an integrated composite material system. (Source)

Now obviously creating architecture in the real-world is significantly different than creating architecture in Roblox. However, if you pay attention to details, you can replicate a small portion of EIFS that makes modern buildings look more detailed and artistic. In the real-world, we call this EIFS Crown Trim and the image pictured below are some examples of what crown trim looks like. It is essentially decorative Styrofoam trim that is plastered for exterior decorative purposes.

(Source)

Recreating EIFS trim into your Roblox builds isn’t generally difficult to do and adds in a lot more important detail into your builds. Below is an example of EIFS trim that I quickly created in Roblox Studio. I personally prefer to use the marble texture with my EIFS trim since it seems to be the most suitable texture choice for these types of trims.

I do want to make it perfectly clear as well that you can either create these trims using Parts and Cylinders, but you can also create a mesh of these trims in a 3D modeling software, such as Blender, as well.

To finish this community tutorial off, here are some EIFS crown trims being used in the real-world

Real-World Examples

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

Thank you for reading my community tutorial, I hope that the vast majority of readers find this information to be helpful. If you like this tutorial, you may like my other tutorials as well so I definitely encourage you to check them out. Discussion in the comments is highly encouraged. Have a wonderful day!

11 Likes