Introducing Experience Notifications

Found a quick little solution to getting their place id’s! I’ll guide you through it, if you need help just hit me a PM and I can help you from there.

1. Open up your developer tools on your browser (the keybind is usually F12, but you probably know how to open them if you haven’t been living under a rock :rock: :slight_smile: ).
  2. With the developer tools open, click on the network tab. I’ve attached a picture of the tab, you should be able to find it quite easily, but if you need help look it up.
  3. Navigate to the settings page on Roblox. Once on the settings page, click notifications on the left, and then open experience notifications.
  4. Now, scroll down on the network sidebar to the very bottom, you should see a bunch of “requests” each with a name. Find the one that says “games?universeIds[]=”. I’ve attached a picture below. Once you see it, click on it and you’ll be provided with a list that has a lot of information. If you don’t see the list once you click on it, make sure to head to the response tab (see the picture)
  5. Go through the list and find a game that you want to visit by looking at the name. Then, copy it’s rootPlaceId and go to https://roblox.com/games/ROOTPLACEIDHERE. Alternatively, you can just click on any Roblox game and change the game’s id to the rootplaceid to visit the page.

Keep in mind that the list will not be full. To view more games, you’ll have to click show more in the settings and repeat steps 4 and 5. To be honest though, I don’t really know if it’s worth the trouble unless you really want to find a game that you haven’t taken a look at in years.

2 Likes

Clever workaround if you absolutely need the place IDs, but a big part of wanting links to these games is the convenience of it. Maybe I’m willing to jump through these hoops, but if a young player sees forgotten games in their notification list with no quick way to check 'em out again, they’re probably going to turn off notifs instead.

1 Like

This is one of the first things I checked, and I do not follow (most) of the games on that list.

The list of games was incredibly random. I haven’t played some of those games since before the follow feature was not implemented on the site in mid-2018.

I haven’t liked them, favourited them, bought gamepasses from them or followed them. I can distinctly remember one of the games on the list was a game that I joined only once as a friend was playing it. It could be related to badges but that seems unlikely.

2 Likes

you removed Desktop push??? seriously you acting like tiktok removes good features bruh?

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for asking! Yes, we will be adding the ability for users to click directly on the Experience’s row to visit the experience’s main page shortly.

3 Likes

Yes, you will be able to view how many users are opted into notifications for your experience in the Analytics Dashboard which is launching shortly.

1 Like

Hi GreyJan, thanks for your question. Experience Notifications are not enabled by default. All experiences that you currently see in your Notifications Preferences page are experiences that you opted into via the “Follow” button (now “Notify”) at some point in time. If you would like to opt out from any experience you can do so either via the toggle in the Notifications Preferences page or directly from the experience’s main page. We hope this helps clarify!

1 Like

Hey Outlook, the messageId and type need to be wrapped under a payload field, something like

{
payload = {
messageId = …,
type = “MOMENT”
}
}

Please check out the example from dev guide: Experience Notifications | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I see, thank you!

1 Like

This is a particular issue for developers implementing & testing the system. Is there some kind of exemption for developers sending notifications to themselves?
(EDIT: I’ve tested this and it seems like there is no limit for sending yourself notifications, at least for now. This may be something to note in the docs)

Additionally is there a limit for how many requests can be sent to different users at once. i.e can I send notifications to 100,000 users at the same time every week or will I be throttled for sending so many requests at once. The docs for OpenCloud do not mention if there is a limit imposed on the sending server.

2 Likes

Guys how do I send these to my followers?

1 Like

Hey everyone!

We’re excited to share that the OpenCloud and Lua APIs are no longer limited to testing-only and that your Experience Notifications will now be delivered to users.

Now that the APIs have been fully released, you can find the Lua package available for download in the Studio Toolbox.

Creator Analytics will also become available shortly to track the performance of your notifications.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi Creators, it’s me again!

I’m happy to share that Creator Analytics for Experience Notifications is now live in the Creator Dashboard! You can access your analytics by visiting the Creator Hub (create.roblox.com) and clicking Manage Experience or Analytics on your experience’s tile. You can then find Notification Analytics under Engagement → Notifications by toggling the page from Creations to Analytics.

Please note that a minimum of 100 user impressions are required to be able to see notification performance, but the number of opted-in users will be immediately available. You can learn more about analytics in the Analytics section of the developer guides (Lua Creator Guide, OpenCloud Creator Guide).

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi raftwarz,

I’m trying to include Experience Notifications inside of Obby Creator, but I’m experiencing some issues.
When I send a blank test notification, it works just fine! However, once I try to use a notification with a payload, it starts erroring. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Do you have any ideas? Thank you!

Code:

Notification:

Error:

For the obbyname I’m using the string “Test Obby Name”. Am I meant to JSONEncode the payload? It doesn’t say to do this on the creator docs.

EDIT: I was simply passing the string “Test Obby Name” into the parameters section, when I should have been passing {StringValue = “Test Obby Name”} instead.

1 Like

@raftwarz I created a Notification String with the name Test1

I deleted it and tried to create it again under the same name.

Due to that, for some reason it doesn’t show up in the Created Strings anymore, but it exists, but I can’t view it.

It showed up after I created an entire new one.

1 Like

Can we expect to see some sort of:

publishNotificationAt(time: number, userId: number, userNotification: UserNotification)

Currently seems obnoxious to do something like notifying a user when their daily is ready without constantly checking their datastore (for obvious reasons nobody wants to do this.)

6 Likes

Hi @HealthyKarl, thanks for flagging this. We’ve since fixed that bug so it should work as expected now!

3 Likes

Are analytics for notifications currently broken? I’ve been waiting for data to roll in on friend invite prompts I added a while ago, but the analytics tab so far hasn’t reflected that I’ve added anything.

1 Like

It seems like sending notifications with JoinData through the OpenCloud API is broken.

POST request body:

Notification is sent as expected, but when pressing Join through the notif, the server that the player joins doesnt seem to have the launch data:

It’s just an empty string…

Hi Creators!

We’re excited to share that you can now mention users in Experience Notifications! Recipient and mentioned users must be friends in order for the recipient to be eligible to receive the notification. For more details, please see our post on this update.

Thank you.

1 Like