Introducing Grass

Very simple to test, but to answer your question: no, grass does not affect raycasting, it’s simply an effect that doesn’t interact with anything.

19 Likes

Please read the post fully before asking questions, it has a whole section about performance and it states:
You cannot hurt performance by enabling grass, only make it better.

25 Likes

Something I’ve realized, the grass obviously moves. Wouldn’t this cause lag for people with a lower end computer?

18 Likes

Will it be possible to configure the grass in the future? Things such as Color3, size, animation speed, and etc. would be nice to see.

26 Likes

Awesome update!

Grass and vegetation were one of the most awaited features of the year, and they really do serve their unique cosmetic purpose.

I’m excited for vegetation and its painting to come out nonetheless, but I really wonder: when can we expect to have interactive grass / vegetation? Currently when walking on grass, it has no effect. Just the default waving animation.

Also, uh…

55 Likes

will there be more settings like height texture or WindSpeed or something like that?
I think it would be amazing to see more customization added to the grass.

36 Likes

Will be able to put grass on parts at some point? I don’t use terrain in many of my games.

48 Likes

This is one of my favourite roblox updates soo far, Amazing work.

51 Likes

Damn this looks really nice, good job guys. https://i.gyazo.com/505d9ec71232e26e07e2bef2fb044937.mp4

14 Likes

This update is damn epic, I love the terrain vegetation already!

72 Likes

Been a long time coming, glad to see it’s finally here and excited to explore the possibilities of the feature in the coming weeks.

7 Likes

Did someone say…
Grassy:Hearts?

41 Likes

This looks so beautiful. Like others in the community, looking forward to the features coming up.

Just out of curiosity, would graphics setting on Roblox affect the quality of the grass?

10 Likes

I been looking forward to this for a long, long time. even looked up videos on how to make grass like that with particle emitters but that just doesnt cut it

5 Likes

Are their any grass animations?

5 Likes

The grass waves as if there’s wind hitting it

10 Likes

Looks great, but I have one concern and that is the height/size of the grass. This really only works for wild/unattended grass and looks a bit extreme for attended grass patches.

Would it be possible to add an intensity/size slider? I feel like I’m not fully satisfied with the amount of control we are given for this feature.

93 Likes

Right at the time when I needed grass! Can it be rescaled by the user?

13 Likes

Bro WHATT??? This is incredible!!!

50 Likes

Nice! Also, I’ve noticed that the property is named “Decoration” and not just “GrassBlades” (or whatever else you’d call it). Does this mean we can expect even more details like this?

Edit: After another read, it looks like this is already sort of answered. But some if someone could verify this, that would be nice.

17 Likes