Introducing Hooksmith!

Ahoy!

My name is Hooksmith, and I’ve recently joined Developer Relations to support the Developer Engagement Team!

Background

Programming and video games have been two of my strongest passions ever since I was a wee little lad. I’ve been playing games and tinkering, bootstrapping and keelhauling code for as long as I can remember.

While I’m new to the Roblox team, I’m a seasoned sailor when it comes to the technicalities of game development, with the Roblox engine being no exception. I have been avidly experimenting on this platform with several side-projects for the past decade or so, and it’s been truly inspiring to see how the platform has improved over all that time and all the cool games and experiences that you guys have published. This is why I’m incredibly excited to start working here to support you as you keep growing together with Roblox!

Also, I am quite fond of turtles. Wonderful little sea creatures they are.

What do you do?

I will be working directly with developers to help them expand their games into new waters, as part of our voyage to bring Roblox everywhere and to everyone in the world! Our goal is to maximize the reach of your games by providing you with the tools to make them available in as many countries as possible and to many different audiences.

To support this goal, I will be offering consulting for developers about technical challenges that they run into while they prepare their games for new markets, and act as a bridge between the Roblox teams and the developers about any needs that they have for one another to make this vision a reality.

Are you with the turtles?

Not quite, but I’m somewhat of a collector, you see. Just look at this fine shell here on my back. Belonged to the most wonderful specimen I snagged on the way here. Was entirely blue, from tip to toe!

I’m always looking to expand my collection. Let me know if you spot any colored turtles around these waters.

I look forward to working with you all! Please do reach out if you ever have any questions. The right of parlay will be respected. (mostly)

Fair winds to you all,

- Hooksmith

194 Likes

Welcome to Roblox!
I’ll be great to see what you’ll do with the platform and I can’t wait to see what that is.

@MisterRedTurtle and @MisterGreenTurtle are some local turtles in the HQ.

21 Likes

Welcome to the team!

Yes Mr. Hook, I have a turtle right here.
@MisterRedTurtle

20 Likes

Welcome to the team @Hooksmith, glad to have you on board our ship!

23 Likes

Welcome! These are some awesome things you’re bringing in to help developers. Glad to have you here, I’ll be sure to reach out to you if I need anything!

8 Likes

Welcome! First off. I love your pirate uniform! Secondly glad to see you on here!

9 Likes

Welcome to our small community of creative land lovers! Hope you’ll enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Fitting name!!!
Enjoy your stay dude. I like the character, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Welcome and enjoy the time here, by any chance do you have any traces of Scottish in you? I noticed you used some Scottish dialect there and love the friendly Scotts. Don’t suppose you could spare some Scottish shortbread ya be willing?

19 Likes

Hey Hooksmith, I’m glad to see you on Roblox. I am sure that you’ll do things that we will appreciate with the platform.

By the way @MisterRedTurtle and @MisterGreenTurtle are some colored turtles in the Roblox HQ. Are they what you are looking for?

6 Likes

Welcome! I’ve seen two turtles around here! You might want to catch them. One is red and the other is green…

5 Likes

Part of the crew, part of the ship!

Ignore everyone else. They have no idea what they’re talking about. There are no turtles here.

5 Likes

My dear sir, welcome to our community.

May you take no offense when I point out that you sound violently British.

8 Likes

Welcome, Matey! :cool:

We’re excited to have you.

6 Likes

Ahoy Hooksmith! Welcome aboard! I accidentally blew up our ex-captain with our ship cannon, now we need a new captain here!

Hope I won’t make that mistake again. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the team! Can’t wait for what you do on the DevRel team.

Glad you’re fond of the turtles. :turtle:

5 Likes

Mistakes happen, but you better be scrubbing that deck clean again, sailor!

11 Likes

Welcome! The more Developer Relations members, the better! Look forward to seeing you around.

4 Likes

Welcome, Hooksmith! :pirate_flag:

5 Likes

Hope you get hooked to Roblox.

8 Likes